21. I'm not going

Denise

Denise.
-

Third person

"See what you made me do?!" Leo screamed as he threw Denise's damp half conscious body on the bed. "You keep putting your hands on me." Leo tied his towel around his waist tightly making sure it wouldn't slip. "I'll punch you dead next time." He grabbed a towel from the bathroom and dried her off. He took extra care making sure every nook and cranny of her body was dry. 

After she had gotten the upper hand by choking him all he had to do was punch her hard in the back of the head. She stood no match to him, especially since there was a large height difference between the two.

"I'm trying to give you the world Denise! But all you do is fight me! Why?! So you can go back to that broke ass husband of yours?!" Leo said in a low growl. Denise started to come to her senses as Leo threw the towel on her, somewhat covering her naked body. He went in the suitcase he packed with brand new outfits picked out just for her.

"I watched you walk to work everyday for the past three months. I think I know your sizes by now. Just from lookin at'cha I can tell you a dress size four. I also noticed your favorite color is green. You always have it one somewhere. Whether it be your purse, or a small hair clip you wear sometimes. You think your dear ol' James notices those things? He doesn't baby... I do. I know sometimes you like to walk home after work and look at that little shoe store by your brother's school. You always stare at that those beige high heels with the gold buckle on the side. I can get them for you baby, I can. All you have to do is stop fighting me!"

Denise opened her eyes slowly. "I told you I don't want those things Leo. You can have them. You can find a better woman than me. Just let me go." Tears streamed down to her ears as she felt his cold hands roam over her body as he dressed her. Her once loud and obnoxious voice that could be heard from the fourth floor to the first floor of her apartment complex was now gone. A whisper in comparison.

"A better woman? There is no such thing."

"Yes there is. There are woman at the hair salon I go to who are more beautiful than I am. They don't cuss like I do and they're not as mean as I am, their kind. They have their own cars, nice apartments, huge houses, a couple of them even have their own businesses. They like material things, not me. Those are the kind of women you want. I'm an old hat compared to them."

Leo sat her up so he could put the thin spaghetti straps on her shoulders. "That's where you're wrong, Denise. Those woman have it all already. They think they're above everyone. Those bitches... Those woman are no better than that white bitch you work for. You my beautiful Denise... You're rough around the edges like the corners of an old box. It gives you character. You know what it's like to be considered lower than the filthy ground you walk on. You Denise... You deserve to stop living beneath the dirt and come to the surface where those uppity woman at the salon are. You deserve it. Can James make that possible for you?"