Maybe Not

Vote & comment!

Kaydence's POV

"Kaydence, correct?" Her mom took my hand and shook it. "Yes ma'am, how are you?" She was a short lady who looked to be somewhere in her mid 40s. She wore her hair pulled back in a ponytail and I couldn't help but notice how much Dani took after her.

"I'm fine and you?" I smiled lightly, "I'm fine as well." Meeting parents was never my thing. This was my first time meeting a woman's parents and I say this because Ayriel wasn't a woman.

"That's good. Call me Sabrina or Mrs. Rodriguez."

I nodded and then I turned to her dad who was waiting patiently for me to greet him. "How you doin' sir?" He shook my hand and as he did this, he never broke eye contact with me. This shit made me even more nervous.

"And you are what to Daniella?" Before I was able to speak Dani butted in, "We're just friends at the moment dad now, let's go." She started walking towards the dining area and her mom followed.

"Wait a minute, let me speak to you for a second.." I turned back towards Mr. Rodriquez and he was standing in the exact same spot since they'd came inside the house.

"You really like Dani, son?"

"Yes sir I do."

"Are you sure?" He rose his eyebrow. "Yes. I'm sure."

He nodded and again, he never broke eye contact. It felt as if he was tryna figure me out.

"Don't disappoint me. You know of Wesley right?"

"Dani's ex?"

"Yeah, H-"

"Daniel, don't scare the poor child. Come eat!" Daniella's mom came out to the foyer and cut our conversation short. I was really getting into whatever he had to say.

"We'll talk." He said loud enough only for me to hear as we entered the dining room. Dani sat across from her mom, leaving it up to me to sit across from her dad.

"Carlos should be coming down at any time now. I'm not sure if Preshae is joining us." Daniella said and in the same second, Carlos came around the corner.

"Waddup?" He held his arms wide open as if he was waiting on someone to hug him. I shook my head at how high this nigga looked.

"Boy, have you been smoking?" His mom asked. The rest of us remained silent.

"A lil bit." Dani chuckled at him and I shook my head as I took a bite out of my loaded potato.

Surprisingly, Mrs. Rodriquez turned back around in her seat and began eating. Carlos sat next to his dad and took no time digging into his food.

"This is good sis, who taught you?" Los asked jokingly and Dani pointed to her mom.

"Yeah yeah, now Mr. Kaydence. . Are you okay with me asking you a few questions?" Mrs. Rodriguez directed her attention towards me.

Dior's POV

I was making my way back to my dorm, coming from my Public Speaking class when the same guy from earlier approached me. His name was Eric.

"Ayo, wait a minute!"

"What's up?" I had already told him that I wasn't attracted to guys so I was wondering what he could possibly want.

"We're having a party tomorrow night after the game, you should slide through.."

"Okay, I might be there." I turned to walk away but he grabbed my arm that was still healing from me getting grazed in New York. I still had nightmares about the incident but I was okay and that was all that mattered.