Trippin'

Vote!

A month & a half later....

Kaydence's POV

"Mike came by for you. He ain't look too happy." Ocho said as soon as I walked into the trap. "Did you tell him that I was in Baltimore for a minute?"

"Yeah and then he walked out." I shrugged and lit a blunt, sitting down on the couch. Him nor Marvin said anything to me about leaving but I was pretty sure they caught on by now. I was only here to check and make sure everything was good, nothing more. As tempting as it was, I couldn't do it. I was out of this shit permanently.

"Mitch made the news yet?" I chuckled, changing the subject. Ocho shook his head no and his facial expression changed completely.

"Don't worry about that shit. He long gone."

"Yeah I know. We just gotta keep this a secret. You know Michael working with the Feds n' shit."

"Even if he did know, he wouldn't rat you out." I informed him. HLW was built on honesty and loyalty. We were a family and none of us ever snitched on each other for as long as I been in this shit.

"You never know. You can't trust motherfuckers."

"Yeah, you right about that. . Where Nuk at?"

"Nuk been gone for two days man. I don't know where he at." I scrunched my eyebrows up and pulled my phone out to call him. His phone was disconnected. 

"What the fuck? He always answers the phone na' .. that's weird.."

"Maybe he changed his number."

"Yeah, probably so." I agreed, trying not to overthink. Something ain't seen right though.

We talked about a list of shit as we got high. Like I hoped he wouldn't, Nuk let me down and let everything fall back on Ocho, the nigga that I didn't want in charged. He seemed to be doing a good job though so I wasn't really stressing it.

Daniella's POV

I rushed into the bathroom and peed for the fourth time in the last thirty minutes. Being a nurse, I knew what most things meant but with this, I was trying to convince myself that it something other than what I thought it was. I wiped myself and washed my hands before leaving the bathroom.

Kaydence was gone since this morning and I had no idea where he was. Since he moved back down to Baltimore he stuck to his word, we were together every day after I came home from work. Some nights he stayed at my place and other nights he went to his moms.

I really loved this man and had plans on starting a family with him but not right now. We weren't ready. I had just completed another level in my career and that's what I wanted to focus on and enjoy but this frequent urinating and tenderness of my nipples said something different. I slid on some sweat pants, a hoodie, and the pair of floral Gucci slides that he bought me before leaving to go to CVS.

I prayed silently to the store and back home. As I said before, I wanted a family with him but not so fast. I sent him a text before I made my way back upstairs with the pregnancy test in hand. Instead of him responding to the text, he called.

"What's good baby? What you doing?" He spoke. His voice alone put me in a better mood.

"Um. . Nothing. Where are you? I miss you."

"I miss you too. I'm on the way back to you now, be there in 40." I knew he was coming from New York and it was quite disappointing but I didn't wanna talk about it and start an argument. I didn't know why I believed him when he said he was leaving the drug game alone.