Chapter 10

warnings: rape is going to be mentioned in this chapter, nothing too descriptive, but don't read it if you think it'll trigger you.

--

[Vic's POV]

It was around 1:30 am when I started heading back to the dorm. I needed space, time to think. Everything about Kellin reminded me so much of Mike, it makes me feel like I need to protect him and make sure nothing happens to him. I've been trying to deny the feelings since he first got here, but I can't. It's been so long since I've cared about anyone, I don't want to get hurt again.

As I entered the dorm, the scene before me made my heart literally break in two. Kellin was in his bed, sleeping, trashing around on his bed, crying and screaming while scratching at his arms. I ran over to him, and pried his hands away from his arms, trying to shake him into consciousness.

"Kellin, wake up, please!" I tried desperately.

"Kellin, you're okay, just wake up!" I shouted to him.

This when on for about 2 more minutes before Kellin finally woke up, with wide eyes. I let go of his arms instantly, and as soon as he saw me he screamed in panic, backed into the corner of his bed and started to sob.

[Kellin's POV]

I backed up into the corner to get away from Vic, I didn't want to be touched right now. I forgot to take my fucking pills and I ended up having another nightmare. This wasn't just any old nightmare, it was personal, and possibly the worst one I've ever had.

I sat there in the corner of my bed, sobbing and shaking uncontrollably. Vic tried to reach his hand out to me, but I only flinched and moved farther into the corner, if that was possible. Vic looked hurt, but didn't have any time to dwell on my actions, because there was a knock at the door. Vic got up from the bed and walked over to get the door.

"Yes?" He asked in annoyance.

"What the fuck is going on in here, is Kellin okay?" A panicked voice asked, it was Alex. I wanted to get up and tell him that I'm okay, but I couldn't. I was too afraid to move.

"He's fine, he just had a bad dream. Now go away." Vic said coldly and shut the door in his face.

He walked back over to my bed and sat down, his face was softer now compared to when he was at the door. He tried to scoot closer to me, but I whimpered and backed away.

"Kellin, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. It was a bad dream, you're safe now. I promise." Vic told me. Those words calmed me down a lot and I nodded, giving Vic permission to move towards me. Vic moved closer and pulled me into an embrace.

As weird as this sounds I felt safe in his arms, like nothing could hurt me or get to me. I latched onto his shirt, buried my face into his chest and cried, unable to stop. The whole time Vic's hands was running up and down my back while whispering comforting words, in attempt to calm me down. It worked too, because I found myself slipping into an unconscious state for the second time that night.

--

When I woke up, I noticed one of two things, it was now light outside, and I was in someone's arms. This took me by shock, and I tried to move away, but their grip on me just tightened. I looked up and saw Vic was the one holding me captive.

May I just say, he looked adorable sleeping. His long eyelashes resting on his cheeks, hair sprawled out on the pillow, mouth barley open, while his eyes are moving around in his eyelids. He looked so peaceful and cute.

Wait, I shouldn't be having these thoughts. I can't develop a crush on Vic, are we even friends? Plus, I don't know if he's gay. I quickly averted my eyes away from his face and closed them again, I might as well try and get some more sleep if he's not going to wake up anytime soon. I snuggled into him more and breathed in his sent, feeling safe and warm under his embrace. I can't deny that I like being in his arms, and that scares me.