Chapter 32

im so so sorry i’ve been MIA i suck i know but im back and with an update so enjoy :~) 

-- 

[Kellin's POV]

Walking into the doctor’s office, I was as nervous as can be. My palms where sweaty, not to mention shaky. I felt like everyone was judging me, eyeing me with they’re misunderstanding eyes, which made me even more nervous. The only person keeping me sane was Vic, who was sitting right next to me, I was a mess.

We were at a therapist’s office, the guidance counselor at my school thought it was the best option. You see, yesterday Vic and I were thinking about how we were going to find me a doctor to go to, and he suggested going to the guidance counselor at our school for help. I was reluctant, mostly for the reason I don’t want even more people knowing about my personal life.

Anyways, we talked to her and she let us know we have to go to a therapist to get evaluated before they can diagnose me. She gave us a local therapist’s office to go to, and then the next day we’re here. The best part about this whole thing is that we don’t have to tell my Uncle, as long as I pay for the sessions, it can stay a secret.

Right now I was currently filling out paperwork the receptionist lady gave me. I was on the last page when a middle aged lady walked up to me and spoke.

“Are you Kellin?”

“Yes..” I said hesitantly.

“Hi Kellin, I’m Phillis, and I’ll be your new therapist.” She paused to shake my hand. “When you’re done there have Laura send you back to me, and we can go over some stuff to get you more comfortable with being here.” She said sweetly. She seemed like a nice lady, I was glad she was working with me.

“Okay.” I said with a smile.

“Alrighty, I’ll see you then.”

“Wait,” I said before she walked away, “can my boyfriend come back?”

“That’d be lovely. What’s your name sweetheart?”

“Vic.” He said charmingly with a smile.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Vic, I’ll be seeing both of you soon.” We both smiled with a nod and then she walked back into the back where I assume her office was located.

"Well she seems nice." Vic said.

“Yeah, she does.” I answered

After I finished my papers – which was like 3 minutes later – I handed them to the receptionist so she could check them and then I was led back into her office.

“Kellin!” She said with a bright smile, “Take a seat, please.” She moved out of the way of the door, and let us in. I had knocked instead of just barging in.

The whole session was basically getting to know each other, what my age was, why I’m here, if I played any sports, hobbies, pets, family life. All of that stuff and more. I was really nervous in the beginning, but after a while I loosened up and got semi-comfortable talking to her, plus Vic was here and he helped.

“So tell me about your Uncle. You live with him, right?”

I nodded.

“What’s your relationship like with him?” Hearing that made me really nervous all over again because I didn’t want to lie, but I felt like I had to. Sure, I didn’t like being in my Uncles care, but I wasn’t living with him anymore and I like my life the way it is now. If I tell her about the abuse and rape, chances are I’ll be taken away and put in foster care, also taking me away from Vic, something I couldn’t handle.