Chapter 23

hello friends if you haven't checked out my new story im asking you to please go do so, i think some of you will like it because the plot is really different than the regular stories you see. it's called lover of emerald and it's under my works, and if you do read it i'll love you forever 

alright that's all happy reading :~)

--

[Kellin's POV]

For the rest of that night Vic was acting really weirdly. It was like he was mad at me for some reason, but I didn't do anything and he didn't say anything that made it known he was mad at me, so I pinned it on the fact that he was just tired from volleyball this afternoon.

I came back from the bathroom after taking my pill, and crawled into bed with Vic. I went to go lay in his arms, but when I made the move to do so he turned around so his back was to me with his arms crossed.

Okay, so maybe he was mad at me.

"Vic." I said carefully, trying to get his attention. I know he has a temper and I don't want to do anything to set it off.

"What?" He said in a monotone voice, just like he was doing before.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked softly. The thought of him being mad or upset with me made me feel horrible about myself, I mean I've upset the person that means the most to me.

"Nope." He said, and that was the end of the conversation.

Obviously he was mad at me, but I don't know why. Was it something I said? Or did? These are the thoughts that kept me up that night, and when I finally did get to sleep I was tossing and turning and waking up in the middle of the night. I'm definitely getting to the bottom of this in the morning.

When Vic woke up – I was already up because I couldn't sleep – he crawled out of bed without saying good morning to me like he usually did. I followed him to the bathroom and leaned against the door as he got ready to brush his teeth.

"What's wrong?" I said, not so carefully this time because I was sick of his games.

"Nothing." He said barley understandable because he was brushing his teeth now.

"We'll talk about this more when you're done in here." I said, then walked out.

I'm not afraid to fight with Vic, because now I'm mad that's he's being so childish about this. We've fought before in the past, and I guess we're about to fight again.

He came out of the bathroom and stood under the entrance way giving me an 'I'm waiting' look while looking annoyed at the same time.

"What's wrong? And don't say nothing or I don't know, I want a real answer this time. Why are you so mad at me?" I started.

"I don't know Kellin, why am I mad?" he asked me like I knew the answer.

"How am I supposed to know? I didn't do anything! All I know is that you've been in a pissy mood since we came back from playing volleyball. Was it something Chris said? Do you not want to be with me anymore because you realized that you're going to get teased since you're dating the biggest loser on campus?" I wish I wouldn't have said that last sentence. You see, this is what happens. I never know when to shut my stupid mouth and I end up saying something that I didn't want to say. And by the look on Vic's face, he was pissed.

"Is that what you think this is about? Me? No this is about you, and about how you don't want to be seen with me in public. Don't sit here and tell me that you magically got too tired to play after that incident with Chris. No, you were too embarrassed and too much of a coward to be seen with me any longer. You ran away, just like you do with anything else. When something happens that you don't like or it gets too much for you, you run away, just like Jeremy did. I thought you were gonna be different I really did, but you're just like him. And I'm not about to sit here and put up with it again, so I'm done. Forget it." He finished, and went for the door, but I beat him there before he could leave. I was pissed, livid. How dare him assumed shit like that and then say I'm just like his ex.

"No, no, no. Don't think for one fucking second that you're about to just walk out, we're not done talking. I love how you call me a coward and say how I run away from everything, but look what you're doing right now, running away because you don't want to deal with it. Just like you have so many times before. I can't tell you how many times you've walked out on me or left me when we're arguing. You're a hypocrite Vic, really you are. And what gives you the right to assume all this shit about me and how I'm just like Jeremy? If you would've asked me before getting upset and making up this story, you would've known that I was upset because he was giving us a hard time. I was upset because no matter where I go I'm always being judged for the way I am, and I felt guilty as hell that it was happening to you too. So I'm so sorry that I wasn't in the mood to play anymore. How do you feel now? Are you still mad because I'm just like Jeremy and I'm a coward? Or do you suddenly feel guilty because you realized that you're wrong and you're being the biggest hypocritical asshole on the planet?" I practically shouted, I was so mad.

"Kellin I -"

"Save it. You want to be done with me? Then fine I'll be done. I'm not putting up with this from you too, so forget it." I said, and stormed out the door.

Vic didn't even try to stop me.