Chapter 19

you guys are so cute with your comments omg you make my day 

anyways here's the next chapter okay bye

--

[Kellin's POV]

Two weeks. It's been two fucking weeks since I kissed Vic, and he's still avoiding me like I'm the Black Plague. You know it's really hard to stick to this new positive and optimistic point of view when the person you want the most wants nothing to do with you.

The thing I don't get is why he kissed me back. If he doesn't want to be with me, then why would he kiss me back? And why didn't he push me away? I mean he told me that he's too afraid to get into another relationship, but why? I don't have any details about what happened or why he's so afraid, so it's hard to wrap my mind around the concept. I just wish he didn't ignore me like he's been doing. I get it, he's afraid of a relationship, but that doesn't mean he has to ignore me and avoid me all the time. He could at least be game enough to come home instead of hiding away at Jaime and Tony's dorm all the time.

I have to stop thinking about this so much, it's literally driving me to the brink of insanity. I can't concentrate on anything other than what he said to me and what could've possibly happened to make him so terrified. I would ask him, but he won't give me the time of day for two damn seconds so I can try and talk to him about it. I'm starting to realize just how much of a coward he really his. He acts all tough and brave on the outside, but on the inside he's just like everyone else. Venerable and scared just like the rest of us, maybe even a bit more than some people. But something had to happen to make him this way, and dammit I'll find out even if it kills me.

I thought all of this on my way to work, I've been putting in a little extra time for my trip to see Jesse, it's in like two weeks and I'm so excited. I've missed him and the boys so much I can't wait to finally see them again. With all this extra overtime that means I have about $900 total for the trip, which is way more than I need but whatever. It added up fast seeing as I've been working for about a month and a half now, and I don't have any bills to pay. I'm not gonna use all of it though, only what I need, because I'm saving up for that car.

The plane ticket there and back will cost me about $250, so that leaves me with more than enough money to spend down there. I don't even have to be working overtime, but I'm doing it just in case I have to end up staying at a hotel while I'm down there. I'm supposed to be staying at Jesse's, but if something does happen then I want to be prepared.

I walked into work for that day, making my way to the back room so I can clock in. When I got in there I was taken back at what I saw. There, up against the wall was Ronnie, being pushed up against it by none other than Vic. Neither of them had seen me so I backed up out of the room and eased dropped on their conversation. It wasn't the right thing to do, but I didn't really care.

"I want you to stay away from him you, got it? I already told you what would happen if you didn't." Vic threatened.

"Why do you even care if I pick on the little fag boy or not? What are you two secret lovers or something?" Ronnie shot back. Were they talking about me? My nickname for Ronnie is fag boy, so it could be a possibility. But why would Vic be protecting me right now? I thought he wanted nothing to do with me.

Vic must've had enough of Ronnie's bullshit because I next thing I heard was Ronnie crying out in agony, indicating that Vic probably punched him. And when I rounded the corner to stop anything else that could happen, I was proven right as I saw Ronnie's nose gushing out blood.

Vic had a mix of a satisfaction and annoyance on his face, but it changed to one of shock when he saw me standing in the door way.

"What the actual fuck are you doing?" I yelled before he had a chance to speak.