Chapter 12

hello new chapter goodbye 

warnings: triggering events.

--

[Kellin's POV]

As I walked over to my bed, I was still lightly touching my lips. I couldn't get the kiss off my mind, I couldn't get Vic off my mind. His scent, taste, it was all stitched onto my brain. I probably shouldn't get so caught up in this, Vic would never date me. I mean, who in their right mind would date someone disgusting like me?

I lied down on my back and the first thing that popped in my mind was Jesse. As much as I hate to admit it, I missed him so much and he was on my mind constantly. I tried to ignore the feeling I got whenever I thought of him, but I just couldn't. Why would he leave me like that? I mean, I know I'm hard to handle sometimes, but I didn't think I was that bad. He gave up on me, the only person that gave me the tiny sliver of hope that I wasn't as bad as I thought I was.

Why am I even here if everyone hates me? Ronnie and his gang hates me, Vic hates me, hell even my own uncle hates me. And now Jesse hates me too. I want to believe that I will find someone to love me unconditionally, even with all my flaws and scars. I want to believe that I will have my happy ending, but I know I won't. My best friend from Pre K doesn't even want anything to do with me now.

The tears were welling up in my eyes, and they were seconds away from breaking free. They would've too, if it wasn't for Vic who burst through the door with his food. I sat up and looked at him in curiosity.

He must've saw my sadden state, because he spoke up. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it, it's nothing." I told him, brushing it off like it was no big deal. He gave me a worried glance, but didn't press me on it farther. Instead, he started taking out his food items, getting ready to eat them. I'm so glad he didn't make me get something, I don't know what I would've done. There's so many calories and grease, that's the last thing I need.

"I got you some apple packets. Eat up." Vic said as he tossed me 4 apple packets. I looked up from the packets and saw Vic looking back at me. I gave him a faint smile and thanked him, sincerely. He just nodded and smiled back with acceptance.

I would eat one packet tonight, and save the rest for other days. I was actually really thankful that he got me these. Apples are like the only thing I will eat willingly. I wonder why he only got me the apples though. It's like he knew that if he got me a sub and tried to make me eat it, I'd be upset. Has he dealt with anorexia before? I not going to ask him, I'll just eat my apple packet and shut up.

We ate almost the whole time in awkward silence, him on his bed and me on mine. Both of us avoiding eye contact. I can't help but think it was because of our kiss that he was acting so weird. I knew it would happen though, it was too good to be true that he actually liked me back. For now I guess he would just ignore the topic, or me completely. I was on my last apple when he finally spoke up, catching me by surprise.

"Um.. About the kiss." He stared hesitantly.

"What about it?" I asked, trying to not sound too eager, and trying to hide the smirk on my face as well. We both looked at each other and I could see a bit of resent lacing his features before he spoke up.

"I think we should just forget about it." He said, and with that, my face fell. I couldn't act like it hurt me, then he would know I liked him. But man, it hurt a lot. I just got rejected, I knew he wouldn't like me back. I'm me. And no one likes me, not even Jesse.

I finished chewing my last apple before I spoke. "Yeah, okay. Not a problem." I said quickly, but I couldn't help the little hint of attitude in my voice.