Chapter 31

the beginning is sorta different from how i usually write but idk i felt inspired 

((p.s. i didn't proof read srry))

--

[Kellin’s POV]

The funny thing about being in love with someone, and them loving you back, is that it makes you forget everything around you. For example, right now Vic and I were just looking at each other, letting our eyes do the talking, with them expressing how deep our love ran for each other. I seemed to have forgot all about my mental breakdown, and my current state of mind – which is doomed. The only thing I was focusing on was the beautiful Mexican man in front of me that I’m in love with.

It’s amazing really, how one person can make you feel something so extraordinary that it makes you forget about the world existing around you. All your thoughts, problems, plans, escape your mind and your only focus is on this one human.

I never knew what it was like to be in love until now, I mean yes, I was in love with him a while before we admitted it, but I feel as if the full effects are taking their role at this moment. I couldn’t explain what the exact feeling was, a mix between being so happy you’re delusional and confusing. Confusing because you’ve never felt like this before – or even knew it was possible to feel like this for that matter. It was a feeling like no other, that’s for sure.

Time didn’t seem to matter either, it was none existent in this moment. The clocks seemed to stop and everything was on pause, because we were in love. Nothing else mattered but that.

We were in love, I repeated it over and over in my head, making me smile bigger than I already was.

Vic laughed, and that was the end of our moment. It was short lived, but it was all that was needed to express our love to each other.

“I like seeing you smile again.”

I took his hand in mine, running my thumb over the back of his palm while speaking, “I like seeing me smile again, too.” I told him truthfully, because it was the truth. I missed being happy like this. “But you do know it isn’t going to last forever, right? Eventually the morbid mess that is my mind will return, and I’ll be defenseless against myself once more.”

“I’ll be here for you.”

“I know.” I said, smiling softly down at the blanket.

“Come here.” He motioned me towards his arms, which were out stretched and open for me.

And came I did, sitting right on his lap while he held me between his arms. It felt right, safe. Safe from my Uncle, and inner demons fighting to break through. Nothing could touch me as long as I was in his arms.

The short comfortable silence created was broken by me once I decided to speak again. “Do you think I’ll ever get over this?” I mumbled against his shoulder, what my head was resting on. “I mean, it’s been a week, and I’m just starting to smile again.”

“You rephrased that wrong. It’s been a week into your recovery, and you’re finally starting to show some progress.”

“Recovery?” I asked, sitting up to look at him.

“Whether you notice it or not, you’re always recovering. As we speak the inner you is fighting off all the bad thoughts and feelings, slowly but surely. It might take weeks, maybe even months or years, but that smile you showed me today is proof that you’re making progress.” He said, making me realize something I hadn’t before.

“I guess we’re all recovering, huh?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like every human has something, an inner batter or demon they’re fighting. At each moment something happens that we’re not accustomed to, we’re recovering. Even physically. These,” I said, motioning to my bandages, “already recovering. They started that process as soon as I made them. Same thing with what happened with me. I started recovering right after by crying, letting some of the bad energy and emotions escape my body.”