13. A Dream

~

"So you're gonna pick him up from the airport?" Abbie asked while feeding her mini me, Brielle, in the kitchen.

"Yes. I'm leaving in a few. He doesn't know about it though." I smiled.

I was going to pick up Justin from the airport. We hadn't agreed on me doing it, he thought he would be using the cab to get home but no, I wanted to surprise him.

I was happy to finally get my boyfriend back and get back to living normal. I wanted this Justin slash Scheana nonsense to stop. It was all ridiculous. What Jesse said was ridiculous too. I've been just way too giving to our relationship. Maybe this small break was going to be good for us.

"We don't have to look at that frowny face anymore." Abbie murmured, humorously.

"Heard that!" I hollered from the living room while putting on my sneakers, "And by the way, you can't really be here when we come back. I don't want to put him in the spot right away."

It was true. I knew he was going to be a little cranky after a business trip so I didn't want anyone else here rather than me and him. We were going to have a peaceful night with chinese take out.

"Ava, I've known him for years now. You're not putting him in the spot if we're here."

I heard the dish washer opening and dishes jingling against each other and then a messy bun haired Abbie popped out of the kitchen doorway.

"May I remind you that I live here?" I asked her in-the-matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it, sissy. You wanna have some alone time and have a little bit of s-e-x." she whispered the last part as she put Bri down from her arms.

"Oh my God..." I mumbled to myself.

She was so extra. Of course she had to say that. Yes, she was a mom now but her humour was still the same. She always made the dirtiest jokes. But hey, who am I to deny that?

I grabbed my wallet and phone from the coffee table next to the couch and headed towards the front door.

"I'm leaving now, and please be gone in an hour. Bye, baby Bri!" I blew my niece a kiss and she giggled cutely as a response.

"Bri, say 'we live here now' to your aunty-Ava." Abbie nudged her soft belly.

"We wive hewe now." I heard my cutie pie say.

I rolled my eyes at their sillyness.

"Seriously. Bye!" I giggled and left my small apartment.

Time to get my boyfriend back home. About damn time.

-

I tied my hair up into a ponytail, sitting on a comfy armchair that they have in the waiting rooms at the airport. There was a couple of people in the same room with me so I wasn't alone. I watched as a mother was reading a magazine while her two kids played with their toys on the floor. The mother wasn't young nor she was old, middle aged probably. The kids were so peaceful, much more peaceful than Brielle was. The whole waiting room was very quiet, only the announcements of departing flights echoed in the spacious room. I glanced down at my wrist watch that I had gotten from Justin as my 20th birthday gift. It was silver with diamonds circling around the clock part. I thought it was over the top but Justin insisted that I should wear it. Another one of his too expensive gifts but I guess it was his way of showing me that I mattered.

I yawned in exhaustion. It was almost nine in the evening and Justin still hadn't come through the arrival doors. His plane had landed about a half an hour ago. Maybe his luggage was still in the plane and he was waiting for them.