14: Gone Baby Gone

So I did make a Talking Dead chapter, but I posted it as a separate story. It features Michael Rooker (Merle), Jon Bernthal (Shane). and my OC actress who plays Toby. I know it sounds stupid but I had a lot of fun writing it. I hope those who read it enjoy it, if you go to my profile you should find it.  

-Penn

The previous several weeks had held a lot of firsts for me, I had always liked doing new things and being taught something new, I wasn't given new opportunities often. But I wasn't particularly happy about these changes. How could I be?

The first time staying with other people, first time in Atlanta (as far as I can remember), first time seeing someone die. First time seeing rotting, human bodies, unless that counted with watching someone die? First time eating fish, which hadn't gone too well, first time watching a building blow up. Oh, and how could I forget my first time killing something that was already dead.

I stood there, confused and slightly panicking, the first time someone aiming a gun right at me.

Daryl was close beside me, his crossbow raised, but not exactly aimed, he glanced down at me, confused and hesitant.

"You know this guy?" Shane questioned, he came further into the room, stepping closer to the hispanic man, passing me.

"Yeah." Daryl nodded shortly.

The man had a wild look in his eyes, his teeth clenched and lips upturned into almost a snarl as he shifted the guns aim to Shane.

"Back!" He yelled in a panic.

"Guillermo-" I heard Rick try to say.

"-Rick?" something flashed across Guillermo's face, he almost seemed calm. But it disappeared quickly, as if it hasn't been there. "Why are you here?! Who-Who are these people?! Why did you bring them?"

"Just put the gun down, we're all friends here. Just calm down, these are our people."

"Our group," Glenn continued, "we told you about them. What's going on? What happened here?"

"Calm down?!" He shook his head, I watched in surprise as tears effortlessly fell from his eyes, "You're here, you didn't see them? The dead? You come back with your own people and you want me to calm down?!" He laughed, it sounded strange and I guessed it was meant to be sarcastic, "you came back to take the guns, that it? You're too late. It's gone, all of it, the food, the medicine-what was left of it. They took everything and killed everyone."

"Who?" Glenn asked.

"Lori," Rick said quietly, "go, take the kids and Carol across the hall. Dale, go with them. Please."

I was watching the man closely, as each moment went by he began shaking more and more, more tears cascading down his cheeks as he struggles to hold the gun steady. His face twitched and contracted as he began to sob.

Daryl nudged me, "go, now. Stay with the women."

I didn't move at first, I was almost in a trance. But Daryl nudged me once again with his elbow and I began walking backward. As I did this, the man dropped onto the floor onto his knees, dropping the gun. Shane stepped closer and took the gun.

Once I got closer to the door, Lori pulled me out and into the hall. But not before I saw another first. A grown man crying.

                                                               🗡         🗡         🗡

That sight almost seemed to haunt me as we sat in another room, waiting for the men.

I swatted at a fly buzzing near my ear, there were a lot in the room due to the dead bodies on the far side. They said that after the rest of the group is done we'd be able to find another room or they'd take the bodies out. Now we were just waiting.