16: The Blood on Our Hands

"Climb down outta my asshole, man. That's all I know." Daryl told Dale.

Everything had been packed and we were ready, Lori and Carl were already in the RV.

After they first arrived, Dale took time to absorb the situation, then shot several questions to Daryl that he couldn't answer.

Dale seemed really unsure, he kept looking around as if battling with himself. One of the things he had questioned Daryl on, was whether or not they should go or when. The whole situation was confusing and practically unbelievable. I didn't have a reaction myself, I thought it over in my head several times.

Sophia was shot, Sophia was shot.

Still nothing, they only seemed like words. It didn't feel real, maybe that was why it didn't bug me, I wondered if I would feel differently once I saw her. I knew I had to go where the group went, but I was skeptical, the last two places we went to did not work out, three if I counted the school.

"Maybe they'll have some meds to spare," T-Dog mumbled. He was leaning against the RV, looking at Dale and cradling his arm.

"Huh?" Daryl reacted.

"T-Dog's cut has gone from bad to worse," Dale explained, "he has a very serious blood infection. If we don't get some antibiotics in him soon, he'll die, no joke. We haven't found anything but Ibuprofen."

Daryl looked over at T-Dog, before shaking his head and stepping away toward his bike, "why the hell did you wait 'til now to say anything?"

Dale watched Daryl in confusion as he unzipped on of the bags strapped to the bike. He pulled out a large plastic, clear bag I recognised instantly. The bag was filled with pill bottles.

Dale stepped toward him, surprised.

"Got my brothers stash." Daryl opened the bag and rifled through it, looking at numerous bottles, "Crystal, X. Don't need that. Got some kick ass pain killers," Daryl then tossed a bottle at T-Dog.

T-Dog caught the bottle and looked down at it in his hands.

Daryl kept searching through, until he picked up a bottle with a satisfying label, he held it out to Dale. "Oxycycline, not the generic stuff niether, it's first class. Merle got the clap on occasion."

"Gross," Glenn commented.

I narrowed my eyes at the pill bottle in Dale's hand, confused. Obviously I knew that word, everyone did. But from the way Daryl used it and Glenn's reaction, it was easy to tell it had a different meaning than the one I knew. Not to mention what pills would have to do with it.

Afterwards, while Daryl went to start his bike the rest of us got into the RV. Dale drove and Glenn took the passenger seat again. T-Dog laid himself on the couch and Guillermo was sitting at the table, staring down at it with a blank expression. I slid myself into the booth, sitting across from him. He made no sign he even noticed any of us had gotten inside. My bag was slung over my shoulder and I dropped it into the seat beside me.

I didn't see Carl or Lori, I looked toward the bed area of the RV, the curtain closing off that area was pulled out. I guess Lori was talking to Carl about something again. I had a weird feeling in my chest, feeling bad. I guessed Carl was pretty upset about what was going on.

                                                                                    🗡 🗡 🗡

Third POV

Shane was standing in the kitchen of the Greene home, looking down at the kitchen table where a map had been laid out. He was listening for a few good minutes as Rick and the large man discussed the plan. The man had given his name, Shane had heard it more than once, but it still hadn't stuck with him, for that time being, he was just the man that shot Sophia.