Chapter 2-Day 0

Someday you will look back and know exactly why it had to happen...

The night passed by rapidly. The day of the concert arrived. Both me and Pixie were hyper, although we didn't sleep the whole night. I knew three songs so far and I didn't feel like a complete idiot when we arrived at The Academy.

Although Grafton Street was packed with fans, we were let in among the first group of people, since we had front row tickets. I looked towards St. Stephen's Green and saw a pair of familiar eyes from a balcony, that were hovering the whole area.

Where did I see those eyes before? Doesn't matter now does it?

The anticipation grew with every minute and both me and Pixie were clutching to each other as the lights went dimmer and dimmer.

"Here it goes..."

The whole Academy went crazy as the band went on stage. The lead singer was witty and funny, making jokes all the time and acting all crazy. The first part of the set went on smoothly, making each and everyone feel comfortable. I could see that the girl beside me, had no clue about the lyrics just as I did.

As I felt more and more comfortable, I felt a hand gripping onto my shoulder.

"Hello gorgeous, enjoying the concert?"

I looked up and saw the lead singer, looking straight at me, resting his hand on my shoulder. I could feel my cheeks burning from his hypnotic stare.

"Yes, I do.", I said slowly gaining my confidence.

"You could look like you can help me out here. You Irish people are a tough crowd.", he said holding out his hand for me to climb on stage.

I turned round to Pixie and she gave me a big thumbs up. That was supposed to be her moment, not mine and, as I got up on stage, I mentally cursed myself for not knowing more than three songs.

"So what's your name gorgeous?"

"Clara."

"What a beautiful name. I'm Jared, would you like to hang out? You know, you be my Irish girlfriend. I bet we'd have beautiful children.", he said holding my hand.

"I bet you say that to all the girls, oh you American guys.", I clumsily joked back.
"Witty, I like that. So, Clara, I brought you up here, because as I said, you're a tough crowd. So I want you to help me sing a song. What do you say?"

"Oh boy, you've picked the wrong person. I came here with my friend and had no idea you ever existed until yesterday."

"Oh now I'm hurt. Only a little bit. Is that your friend there? I think she wants to say something. What's your name baby?", he said kneeling towards Pixie.

"Pixie, and if you give her a violin she will create a straight on hurricane if you get what I mean..."

I could feel my knees getting weak as I heard Pixie say that. Jared turned round to someone backstage and asked for a violin.

"This is Tomo's violin, he will kill you if you anything to it.", he said handing me over the violin.

The crowd went delirious as I took the violin from his hands. I closed my eyes while he brought another microphone on stage.

"Tough crowd, but I think we're getting to them.", he said giving me a soft nudge.

I just nodded, eyes closed and I emptied my head from all the noise. I started pressing the strings and after a couple of seconds I started playing the intro to Hurricane. He waited for a few seconds then started singing. I kept on playing until he asked me to stop.