Chapter 8-Running Away

"We want answers but we're afraid to ask...sometimes the truth hurts and so we lie to ourselves..."

Clarabel

The Next Day

The flight from Dublin to Los Angeles will land in twenty minutes. All passengers are advised to fasten their seat belts and put their seats in the upright position.

I felt my heart pounding at the sound of the flight attendants announcement. I continued to look out the window and play with my wedding ring. Funny as it was, it was me the one having an affair and not Luke. An affair I told Pixie everything about. Not as detailed as she would've wanted, but just enough for her to tell me to go for it.

I knew what was waiting for me in Los Angeles. A car with tinted windows that would take me to him. He had it all planned to the very last detail. Or at least his assistant had. Jared wasn't too much of a planner on his own, but he had a few people that he trusted.

The even funnier part is that Luke was actually willing to give our marriage a try. I on the other hand wasn't too keen about it. We stopped having sex the second I slept with Jared and he was actually hinting that we should see a marriage counsellor.

I started giggling at that thought. I didn't need a marriage counsellor. I didn't need that marriage in the first place.

I headed to the baggage claim and handed over my passport to the custom control. I had a quick glance at myself in a window and I was pleased of how I looked like. A loose white dress, a pair of beautiful sandals and of course a lovely tan.

Let's get one thing clear. Ireland isn't the place where you can get a tan and us Irish, well we are the ones that are white as ghosts and get red as crabs when in the sun. I'm an exception to the rule for some reason and I thank my genes for that.

Anyway, I headed out to the parking spaces where a black car with tinted windows waited for me as told. I was a bit disappointed to see that Jared wasn't there, but I guessed that he was waiting for me at his place. He liked to tease a lot and I liked that. Probably if he made things dull between us I would've ended it the second I felt it. I already had a boring marriage, I didn't need a boring affair too.

After about an hour drive, due to traffic, I arrived at a fabulous looking villa. I hopped out of the car checking the surroundings, but it seemed as if no one was home. The driver didn't say anything to me, he just took my bag out of the trunk and drove out the complex.

I grabbed the handle and went down the path towards the main entrance.

"Hello...anyone here?", I asked as I went inside.

"I'm here!", I heard Jared's voice coming from the back garden.

I decided to leave my bag where it was and followed the sound of his voice. He was sitting under an umbrella talking to a woman. Laughing.

I felt a pang of jealousy looking at her. She was tall and she had long, brown hair that was let loose and framed her heart shaped face perfectly. Her hand was resting on his shoulder and both of them seemed to enjoy their closeness. She also wore a wrapped black dress that fitted her hour glass figure perfectly and showed off just enough cleavage to make anyone imagine a lot of things.

"Baby...", I said throwing Jared the most beautiful smile.

"Hey there.", he said getting up from his chair and coming straight towards me.

He planted a short peck on my lips and wrapped his hand round my shoulder.

"Ella this is Clara. Clara, this is Ella, my assistant."