Chapter 23-Happy Birthday

The ability to sit down with another person and talk to her for hours about anything and everything is more attractive to me than everything else.

Jared

I yelled in frustration as I tried reaching Anka's phone for the tenth time that day. For some reason it was going straight into voicemail.

"What are you doing with that phone for the love of God, Anka!!!", I screamed furiously, throwing my phone on the sofa.

I tried calling Anka once more and it went straight into voicemail again. I knew she and Ella were together, so I didn't worry too much, although I was a little annoyed that she decided to go out with Ella on my birthday than spend the day with me. Her excuse was that Ella called her on an urgent female matter, which I obviously didn't want to know about.

There was a fine line between the things I wanted to know and the things I was supposed to know.
I woke up to a big fat post it left next to a tray with breakfast and that was the only message I had from Anka the whole day.

I didn't believe it for one second though. I knew she was planning something, because whenever she was talking on the phone and saw me come in, she ended the conversations without a warning. And just smiling dumbly, a trait that wasn't really into her advantage.

Shannon decided to join me for my birthday. Since I wasn't going to do anything special apparently, I decided to check business reports. I could've easily spent the day going for a hike. But still I had a faint hope left.

"So Shannon, what are those two up to?", I asked Shannon as I was working my way on the laptop.

"How am I supposed to know? Ella and I don't really share everything. Even though we're a couple. She told me she had to sort something out and you know how weird I get when it comes to female issues.", he said tapping away on his phone.

"What are you doing? Who are you talking to?", I asked him, when I caught him giggle to something he was reading.

"Just looking at funny photos. Look little bro, I'm thinking since the girls have a night for themselves the two of us should be out celebrating. I'm thinking...strip club?"

"As much as I would enjoy the idea of seeing tits and butts being flaunted in my face, I have to remind you that I have a relationship, you have a relationship and we are too old for that kind of shit. Plus I don't think the girls would be all comfortable with that idea.", I said rejecting the proposal.

"Come on we look like we're in our early thirties. Just kidding little bro. Ella would kill me if she found out we went to a strip club, but I will keep the idea in mind that you still like having tits and butts being flaunted in your face. I was thinking of going to the theatre. And then a quiet meal. Spend some brother quality time."

"I do, but I prefer those tits and butt to be of my girlfriend.", I winked.

"So what do you say to my idea? Yay or nay?"

"That's actually a pretty good idea. We haven't spent that much time lately, just the two of us. I will text Anka and let her know. If the girls wanna join they are more than welcome. Hold on...theatre?", I said stopping right in my tracks.

Shannon was really artsy, but never in my life did I hear a proposal like that coming out of his mouth.

"Cool, go get yourself dressed and...why did you stop? You had such a cute walk. That bubble butt is flaunting. Suddenly I miss Rayon...", he said in a Texas accent.