Chapter 19-A Constant...or Not?

No matter how much you will try and make me hate you I will always come back for more...

Ella

I was spending day in and day out with Shannon, and I had the feeling that it couldn't be more perfect than this. It was a lot easier for us to be together, since Jared was totally okay with it.

Shannon, has changed a lot since I met him. He quit smoking and he only drank a glass or two at an event or a party. Nothing too extravagant. Plus, despite his volcanic temper, he was always gentle and caring, always surprising me in a good way.

A few days later after Jared returned, I found Shannon early in the morning sitting at his usual spot in the house, having a coffee and looking at some photos.

"Morning honey!", he said standing up and pouring a cup of coffee for me as well.

"Morning, you're up early. What are those?", I asked pointing at the photos.

Most of the times he ran his schedule according to mine, but I didn't remember him telling me about any shooting for BlackFuel. I took a picture in my hand and looked at it. It didn't look like Terry's work either. The angles were completely different and the expressions so natural, it was clear that it wasn't Terry's edgy style.

"You know how Anka told me when she got to Los Angeles, that she would help with promoting BlackFuel?"

"Yes, I know.", I said remembering the conversation.

"Well, she took the materials I gave her and stopped random people in Los Angeles and handed them over to them, and then took photos.", explained Shannon.

"Interesting approach. Are you comfortable with it?", I nodded, looking at the photos scattered all over the counter.

"Isn't it? She is really good at photography, isn't she? And as for the approach, well, it doesn't hurt doing a bit of promo like this right? A giveaway."

"Well, she clearly has an eye for that.", I approved looking at a photo of Jared wearing a BlackFuel t-shirt.

"So, what do you think about her?", asked Shannon.

"I like her. She is something else. I can't really tell what, but she is one hell of a woman.", I said.

"She makes Jared happy, I can tell that. Mum absolutely loved her.", he added.

"Did she meet her? When? The last few weeks Jared was in the office half the time."

"Well since mom was busy with the gallery and Jared got so busy with work, she asked Jared to tell Anka to swing by the gallery. How did those two meet by the way?"

"Well, it's a long story, and in guessing either Jared or Anka will tell you the whole story.", I replied avoiding to make eye contact with Shannon.

Shannon always had a quick temper. I don't know how he would've reacted if he would've known the whole story of how those two met. With Shannon it was either going to be a total laugh or disaster. There was no in between.

I was surprised she never came by to the office. What did she do all day? Apart from these photos? I knew it wasn't part of my job but I really liked her. Jared was a lot happier and a lot more focused since she moved to Los Angeles with him. I haven't seen her in weeks, but from how Jared was acting everything was okay between them. Either that or he was too good at acting, both options were valid.

"So, will you tell Jared that I will be running late today? Only an hour or two.", I asked Shannon.

"Course babe. Do you have those papers he wanted all ready?"