Chapter 17-Lost

Can you see the way her face lights up when she sees you?

Anka

Somewhere in Bucharest

The music was blaring out of the speakers and I was jumping up and down to it, not having a single care in the world. My inner self knew that I wasn't okay, but I did enjoy lying to me a lot. I couldn't have been bothered by anything or anyone and no one could ruin my happy mood. Alex was eyeing me up and down and I pulled him into a dance, swaying seductively against his body. It was the only perk of having a gay friend that I loved taking advantage of.

"Hit me up again.", I screamed through the loud music.

"Hey are you sure?", he asked, stopping suddenly.

"Damn right I am!", I said taking the fresh syringe from Alex's hand.

"Anka when did you become like this?", he asked while he was pressing my vein.

"When? When I started fucking for money. That's when...when I felt cornered and I had to buy off my freedom. When I haven't seen my family for years. That's when.", I replied bitterly, sticking the syringe without flinching in my vein.

I tossed my head back and waited for the adrenaline to kick in.

"Then why don't you go to see your family?", he asked, knowing that I will have to keep myself in check when I was around them.

"I have to sort some shit out first. I want this last day of freedom. I need this...Does your boy back home has that weed and coke? I wanna be high as a kite. I'm fucking free.", I asked, clearly contradicting myself.

"Anka you know it's not gonna end up with this."

"I know Alex. I know. And this guy doesn't deserve it...he has been nothing but sweet to me.", I said sadly.

"Are you gonna tell me his name?", he joked.

"No...I won't."

It wasn't that he wouldn't have believed me. I just couldn't believe it myself, for obvious reasons. A part of me thought that the second I would leave Tokyo, the romance would just fizzle out.

It was too good to be true. Jared Leto, all time celebrity who could have any woman in the world in love with me? Me? A whore? Things like that never happen in real life and they most definitely don't happen to me...

"Well if he is like the guys I've met so far then...I don't wanna know bitch.", joked Alex.

"No, he ain't. He's so sweet and I know he will dump my sorry ass when he sees all this. When he sees me like this...He won't even want to see me again.", I said suddenly frightened by the realisation.

I felt the need to vomit. I felt panicked. I felt disgusted of how I've become. I grabbed Alex's hands and squeezed them tightly. Tears started falling from my eyes.

"Alex I need help! Help me! I don't want to be like this! You know that!"

"Hey, I will. Calm down.", he said hugging me tightly.

"I have to go back home. I have to see my family.", I said hit by the realization.

"Not like this. Not in this state. Let yourself cool down."

"I need to go...call me a taxi..."

"Smoke on this. Here...and breathe, long, deep breaths...", he said handing me over a spliff.

After a few minutes he finally managed to calm me down and put me into bed.

I was woken up the next morning by the phone. It was Jared checking up on me. Before I answered I cleared my throat and wiped my eyes. I didn't want him to think I was still asleep at 1 in the afternoon, otherwise he would get concerned rapidly.