Chapter 14-Free?

I am him and he is me...but I don't really know where the word 'we' fits in...

I started crying the second we left the restaurant. Jared took me in his arms, protectively and we hopped into a car that was waiting for us outside.

"Hey, Hey Anka don't cry, please calm down...", he said slowly comforting me.

It was really hard to keep my composure when I didn't quite understand what was going on. What did Jared wanted to say with the fact that I'm free?

"You don't understand...I...I didn't want...I didn't want to put you into this situation...I'm so sorry...you don't have to do this...please...I will try and sort things out myself...", I tried pleading.

"No, calm down Anka, please. We will sort this out. Actually you're not going back to that hotel anymore. You'll come to mine. I have a big penthouse, so it's enough space for the two of us. Don't worry. I will send someone to collect your clothes from your hotel. You're not alone anymore.", he replied, slowly stroking my back.

I looked at him and I never felt that much gratitude in my life. I felt as if I was struck by luck. What did he do? I desperately wanted to know, because I was well aware that repercussions will come up sooner or later.

"This is just in your head. It's a dream...But why does it feel so real? Is this real?"

We arrived at Jared's hotel and he went to talk to the manager straight away. He came back holding a keycard.

"Here, this is yours. Now let's go to the room. You need to calm yourself down a bit."

I stood in the lobby not knowing whether to follow him or just run. It looked too good to be true. Jared sensed my insecurity and took me by the hand.

"Do you trust me?", he asked me cupping my face in his hands.

"Do I have a choice?", I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Of course you do. But I need to keep you safe for now. You need to have a place where you feel safe.
Who knows what might happen? And I'm not gonna allow anything bad happen to you."

I nodded slowly and took his hand. All the way up to the penthouse, he held me close to him. Not the way I would've imagined my first meeting, date or whatever this was, would go with him. We arrived to the penthouse and he swiped his keycard, opening the door. Inside a beautiful young woman was working on a laptop. She raised her head and closed the laptop.

"You know you could've told me that you'll have company. I would've taken my work to my room. Jared is everything okay?", she asked the second she saw my red eyes and smudged makeup.

"Ella. I want you to call my lawyer now. And I want to talk to him in private. Please show Anka around. And can you give her some clothes from my closet so she can make herself at home?"

"Sure thing Jared. I'll call the lawyer right now. Anka can you wait for a minute while I sort this out?", she asked while closing the laptop and giving Jared a quick glance.

She then stood up, took her phone with her and went to what I assumed was the bedroom.

I stood there in the middle of the brightly lit room, not knowing what to do or where to go. Jared opened back the laptop and then he came to me.

"Hey, this is your home too...at least for now. Let me get that away from you...", he said taking the coat off my shoulders.

"I don't know how to thank you enough...", I whispered.