Chapter 26-Do You Really Want...Me?

No one can go back and start over, but anyone can start today and make a new beginning...

Anka

I knew that Jared will come looking for me eventually, so the second I heard he was in Dublin I just called Andrea. She was more than happy to share her small house between me, her two kids and her two dogs. Plus she was very happy that at least, there was someone around to take care of her little girls.

"How long will you hide in here? You know you gotta talk to him at some point right? He just won't quit. Don't you get it?"

"I'm hoping he will give up on the idea of reaching out for me soon.", I said taking a sip from my coffee.

"What are your plans for today?"

"Well, I'm thinking of having a coffee in Temple Bar. Keywest are busking. So it will be a good distraction."

"That's good. You always had a liking for buskers. Why didn't you and my little brother hook up? You could've made a perfect couple."

"After dating Jared, I don't really think I wanna date another celebrity anytime soon. Basically I'd never wanna date anyone famous. Plus, me and your brother are better off as friends."

"He still fancies you a bit. I'm always making jokes about it when he's in Dublin."

"He likes me cause I give him good relationship advice. You still don't like Anne?"

"She's far too young for him Anka. Seriously far too young."

"He loves her so I don't see any problem. Look on the bright side. At least they won't end up like me and Jared."

"No they will end up a lot worse.", concluded Andrea with a sigh.

"Maybe they won't. They belong together."

"Do you still have feelings for Jared?", asked Andrea.

"I do. I guess it will never go away anytime soon...these feelings. I've loved him from before I met him...and when I did, I loved him even more. More than was humanly possible. But he did a mistake and mistakes like that can't be overlooked."

"You did your fair share of mistakes."

"I didn't go in another country the second I got a call. I didn't go kiss another man. I was a drug addict.

I got myself changed and stepped out in the cold Dublin air. It felt rewarding not to have any move that I made documented by paparazzis. I wrapped my coat tighter on me and walked to the bus station close to Andrea's home. It was also rewarding not to travel by car and just enjoy watching the different faces on the bus, just imagining what's going on in everyone's mind right now.

I hopped out of the bus and I walked past the Ha' Penny bridge that was reminding me that I had to take a left towards Temple Bar. The boys were already there warming up. I gave Glover a quick wink and went inside Starbucks to order out usual coffees.

As I stepped outside Starbucks I heard Kav giving his little speech. He decided to play a song that he hasn't played in ages.

"I've got a special request for a very special someone...this song is called 'On Borrowed Time'. It was written because we've all been through our long distance relationships and our tough times. But today, alongside someone that I would like to say he has become a part of the big Keywest family, I changed the lyrics a little bit. Everyone please give a warm welcome to our friend Jared Leto.", he said in his calm tone.

I nearly dropped the coffees when I saw Jared next to Kav. The two of them started singing. Jared was a little bit unsure of the song in the beginning and let Kav take the lead.