Chapter 16-Say It Louder

P.S I never told you but I was falling in love...

Jared

It was a full day on set. I didn't even get the chance to wash myself properly of the fake blood. So I just went back to my trailer, covered in fake blood, with a few supposedly severed fingers. Not the prettiest of sights. I just wanted to get to the hotel room and sleep. I felt so tired after all the things that happened in the last hours, that I really did needed to sleep through everything.

I knew Anka would be in good hands around Ella. The two would spend a great day together, just because Ella wasn't the smug type of person. She was a lot of fun to be around to, despite everything she had been through during the last few months.

Plus, I was a little scared to approach Anka, given, the circumstances. I liked her, but I didn't want to hit on her too much, for fear of giving her the wrong impression. It's not like everyday you save an escort from her pimp and then she takes residence in your room.

And then I remembered. Ella wanted to tell me something. It completely slipped my mind, just because I was far too busy, trying to make Anka feel at home. On my way back to the hotel I texted her to meet up in her room.

"You know I was already in here. Rough day on set?", she said opening the door and pointing to the blood on me.

"Don't get me started. It was a long day...my assistant messed up my lunch, I'm quite grumpy and hungry and I feel like I could use some sleep. By the way, where's Anka? Thought you two were bonding?", I asked noticing Anka's absence in the picture.

"Well she's in your room. She is a bit tired as well. We walked all around the centre of Tokyo. I just left her in your room about fifteen minutes ago. By the way, room service is gonna arrive shortly too. So what's up? What did you wanna talk about?"

"What did you find out about her? Anything that I should be scared of?"

"Whoah, what do you think she is up to? I've talked to her the whole day. She is a nice person Jared. Very sweet and very caring. But....", she started.

"I knew it there's always a 'but'!", I exclaimed in frustration.

There was always something more. I was the person always waiting for the other shoe to drop, all the time. But Ella's cooled me down a little bit.

"No, no, not in the way you think. She is having second thoughts...about you."

"But why?", I asked very curious to know the answer to that question.

She was having second thoughts about me? Seriously? If there was someone supposed to have second thoughts that should be me!

"Because she doesn't wanna ruin your reputation. She is the sweetest thing ever.", Ella concluded.

I let out a sigh of relief as Ella said that.

"She doesn't have to worry about that. You know I only allow things that I actually want to be published, in the press. You should know by now."

"I told her the same thing. But then again you can't control everything...So is that why you came to see me? You could've asked her these stuff you know.", pointed out Ella.

"No, I wanted to find out the big news. I forgot to ask you...I was too busy with everything else and I was an idiot for not asking you from the beginning."

"Well...why don't we have a seat?", she pointed to the couch.

I looked at her expression and for the first time since we met she didn't know how to start.