Chapter Ten: Tell me

Dante ^^
Play song!! :)

Previous

"Tell me. Who did this to you Scarlett?" He said as he sat on the end of my bed.

Scarlett

I bit my lip and looked down

"I told you Alessandro. It's Melanie" I mumbled and looked down

"Why would she do this to you?" He moved closer and I shook my head, trying not to think about the past

"Please... I don't want to talk about it" I say in a shaky voice as I look at him.

"Don't tell me then Scarlett. I will find out" he stood up and walked towards the door.

"If only you can tell me" he stopped and looked at me before leaving. I hugged my knees and cried silently.

~~

I walked inside my school and I can feel everyone staring at me

"I heard she almost got rapped" I hear a girl say. I hold on to my back pack, trying to ignore them

"I wonder how she's feeling right now...  I feel so sorry for her" another girl said.

"Serves her right" I cringed, realizing it's Melanie. She stopped in front of me and smirked

"Loved the gift?" She says while playing with a strand of her hair

"Please Melanie. I have no energy for this" I mumbled and she shook her head before pushing me against the locker

"You're lucky someone saved you Anderson. Next time, no one will be there to save you. Hell! You can't even save yourself! You're weak and pathetic. Why don't you do us a favor and just kill yourself. If you have no energy, then die. No one loves you. No one cares for you. No one will remember you for you are nothing but a waste of time and a burden." As she finished her sentence, I couldn't feel anything but pain. Then it hit me, no one did care for me... my parents gave me to Alessandro. Michael befriended me because I was alone but he will leave. He's not even here with me. No one dared to ask if I was okay.

"You don't deserve happiness Anderson. You don't deserve anybody. You think all of your scars make you look tough? Well you're wrong. Your scars makes you 10 times uglier. You deserve those scars. You a-"

Smack*

I slapped her and tears started to escape my eyes

"Maybe you are right Melanie. I don't deserve anything or anyone. I am nothing. Thank you for telling me who I really am. Thank you for making my life a living mess. Thank you for your advice," I paused and wiped my tears but it won't stop from escaping my eyes "and thank you for showing me reality." She looked at me, speechless because I gained courage to slap her.

"I've had enough. What did I ever do to you that made you hate me, hurt me, and bully me? I am only human Melanie. I am sorry for whatever I did to you. I maybe the ugliest person in the world but the person who has the ugliest soul and personality here is you." With that, I walked away.

"Well you you. You should be ugh!" Melanie screams and I shook my head as I entered my class. Some people smiled at my courage and I just shrugged them off. I sat down and rest my head on the table.

God why does my life have to be so messed up

~~

It's now lunch and I'm sitting under a tree with a notebook that I haven't opened for a long time, my diary. I took a deep breath before opening it. I scan the writings until there's nothing else but a blank page. I grab my pen and began to write

Dear Diary,

It's been a while. I am so tired of fighting. My parents sent me to the business man and I have to stay with him for a month. I almost got raped and the only feeling I can feel right now is dejection. Michael told me that I'm being pessimistic but I think he is wrong. Everything about me is wrong. Everything about me is getting worse. I am a waste of time, like Melanie said. I remember Michael asked why I can't fight back. I am fighting. I am fighting for my life. I am fighting for my freedom. I am fighting for happiness... Oh happiness. I want to be happy again. But I can't... all I can do is hope for the day that I will finally be happy... hope... I think I'm giving up on hope. I can't take this pain anymore. I have so many hopes and I can't hold it up any longer. I am starting to give up. Not just with hope but also myself. I don't deserve happiness. I don't deserve freedom. I don't deserve anyone. I don't deserve anything.

I don't deserve to live

~Scar

I wipe away my tears and closed my notebook.

One day scar... one day

~~