Book Two: Sneak Peak

BOOK TWO WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON BUT HERES A SNEAK PEAK FOR NOW

"Mr. Raniero, your father has arranged a meeting with you" My new assistant, Abigail, said as she hands me my lunch

"Thank you Abigail. You may leave" I reply, not looking at her.

I haven't heard from Scarlett ever since she left the city. God I missed her. I hired a new assistant and clearly, she's not as good as Scarlett.

I leave my lunch and walk to the meeting room where my dad always wants to meet up even though it's just the two of us.

"Dad" I look at him as I close the door.

"Son" he replies and I sit across from him "we need to talk about the business. Mr and Mrs. Owen hasn't been found and our company might be in danger. You shouldn't have taken their daughter. She's not even experienced and look what she has done with you. What happened to that son who didn't care about anything except work? She's such a waste of time. You didn't even tell me that a high school student would work here."

"Don't bring her up. She did nothing. She made me feel like myself, unlike you who only cared about his girlfriends body and money. You're a disgrace. You may leave. Jonathan" I stand up and leave him inside the room.

I have no time for his judgements. He's nothing but a selfish, uncaring, conceited man.

I walk to my office room and slam the door shut

"Abigail. I'm leaving early" I say after ringing her

"Okay Mr. Raniero. Be safe" she ends the call and I grab my stuff, leaving the building

I get in my car and tell the driver to go to a coffee shop. Once we arrive the coffee shop, I walk in and order a coffee to go.

I sit down and do some work, while waiting for my coffee

"I am so sorry Mary Anne. I got stuck in traffic" a familiar voice said

"Oh it's alright darling. Are those the new batch of baked goods?" The girl named Mary Anne replied.

"Oh yes. Here you go. I made extra ones"

"You didn't have to dear! I'll repay yo-"

"Don't worry about it. It's a gift actually. For partnering up with me. Well I have to go. I have another shop to go to"

Before she could leave, my eyes met hers

"Alessandro?"

"Scarlett" I let out a shaky breath