9: Stay with me

I'm so sorry sweetheart, the pay I've been receiving is not enough for us to survive on. That's why I have to go away for a while to earn money for my darlings. I'm so sorry this is how this has to be Ally, but it's for the best.

Ally sobbed into her pillow, remembering the evening's events. She couldn't believe her dad had to move away for a new job that payed more. Ally would do anything to have him stay with her, but that's not an option that's currently available.

She rolled around in her bed, trying to forget everything and to convince herself it was all just a horrible nightmare, but it was impossible. She knew it. She couldn't do anything even if she tried her hardest. He'd be away for her birthday as well, and that was even more saddening since he's never missed any of her birthdays.

Ally could hear the faint murmur of voices coming from the living room downstairs, signalling that her mum was trying to convince her dad to stay with them and be a happy family. She sighed and closed her eyes, trying to catch a few winks before sunrise. But the only thing she could do was lay there and sigh. To hope.

§§§

"Hayden!!" Lauren screamed. It was Ally's birthday soon and she had no clue what to get for her best friend. All she knew was that she was going to throw a surprise party and... Well, that's it.

"What?!" A frustrated groan came from behind Hayden's door. "I'm trying to do homework here!"
It was 2 in the morning and Hayden had been sitting at his desk, staring at the maths paper in front of him. It looked so simple yet it was the most complicated problem ever.

Lauren opened the door and poked her head around. "What should I get Ally for her birthday? I'm going to throw a surprise party but I don't know what present to get her. "

"Well, get her something meaningful like-"

"Oh my gosh! I've got it! Thanks so much Hayden!" She hopped out of the room to go to bed knowing she had a present in mind.

"What did I say?" Hayden mumbled. "Ugh. Forget this, I'm going to sleep." He shoved the paper in his backpack and slid under the covers and fell asleep.

§§§

At school, Ally started to take less caution now, as people now got bored of doing what they were doing. But she was still careful in case.

"Hey" she heard. Ally looked up to find Hayden standing beside her. "did you get the maths? I didn't." He admitted, putting his hands up in defeat.

"Nope. Too hard."

"Wow, the nerd couldn't solve it. I don't feel as bad now."

"Hey!" She pouted.

"Come on Al, don't want to be late for class now do we?" He mocked her. That was something Ally said to him every morning just before the bell went and it was starting to get on Hayden's nerves.

In class, Hayden was using his pen and his fingers to drum on the desk to some imaginary music that only existed in his head.

"Stop it." Ally whispered.

"What?"

"Drumming! It's going to drive me crazy if you don't stop."

Hayden whined and put his pen down, but continued to drum with his fingers.
Ally frowned and looked at his very kickable leg. She looked at the board like she didn't know what she was doing and gave him a hard kick in the shin.

"Ow!" He yelped. "What was that for?"

"Hayden! Is there a problem?" The teacher yelled.

"No sir, everything's fine." He replied.

"As if" ally mumbled to herself.

Hayden smirked and put his arm around her body and pulled her closer towards him.
Ally stiffened and blushed at his touch, but tried to stay focused on what the teacher was saying about George Washington, but ultimately failing.

§§§

That night, it was Hayden's turn to yell for Lauren.
"Lauren!!"

"What?!" She yelled back from the couch.

"Keep it down!" Stoick yelled.

"Sorry!" Hayden yelled back. It was like a nightly ritual they do, pretty much every night they all yell at each other for no apparent reason.

Hayden went over to Lauren to avoid yelling anymore.
"What should I get Ally for her birthday?"

"Her dad is moving away for a job that pays more so they can afford to actually live and Ally will do anything to have her dad stay with her and her mum, so you can get dad to employ her dad for a better pay, plus he can work in the office not far from here."

"Wow, thanks Lauren, I'll ask."

He went over to his fathers office to ask.
"Hey dad? I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure son."

Hayden explained the whole story while stoick sat there like a good father and listened.

"Well, I am employing right now, and that's a lovely gesture you're doing for a friend. Of course I'll employ him! I'll contact him about this offer, son."

"Thanks so much dad! But please tell him it was my idea and not to tell Ally about it since it's my present to her. But if he does tell her, I've got a back up present anyway."

That night, Hayden went to sleep easily with a smile on his face.
-=+=--=+=-=+=-

Yah? I tried writing this whole chapter in a NORMAL POV so tell me if you prefer this or not. Well, I'm tired and I should sleep so
Until next time,
PEACE ✌️