14: Stormfly

ALLY
At home, I put my bag down and went out the door again.

"Where are you going young lady?" My mum asked.

"Um, to Hayden's house" I replied.

"Not yet you aren't. Your father and I still haven't given you your birthday present yet. Come."

I stepped away from the door and followed my mum into the living room where dad sat in a chair with a box with holes on his lap.
"Here. Happy late birthday Ally!" Dad exclaimed.

NORMAL

Ally took the box from her dad's hands and sat down to open it. She slowly lifted the lid, and there sat a perfect, adorable, little golden retriever puppy. Ally's hands flew to her mouth as she got up to hug both her parents.
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!!" Tears started welling up in her eyes and she picked up the puppy. Their eyes met and she stared straight into a pair of big chocolate brown eyes.
"What should I name her?" Ally asked her parents.

"She's yours, you decide honey." Her mum replied.

Ally put the puppy down to think and it ran off towards the garden to play almost immediately.
She laughed, "That dog is pretty fast. I think I'll name her... Stormfly."

"That's perfect sweetie! I'm glad you like her. We've bought everything and put it all in the spare room so you can go check that out when you're done playing." Her dad said.

HAYDEN

"Hayden? I need your help." Lauren said.

"Yeah? What's up?" I said walking over towards her on my phone.

"Well there's this guy..." she started before I shot my head up and shoved my phone into my pocket.

"Yeah? What did he do to you? Are you okay?" I asked.

She laughed, "Gee Hayden, isnt it nice to have someone care about you. Anyway, he didn't do anything. I um. I like him and I don't know how to tell him. I was hoping you could, you know help me.."

"Well first of all, what's his name?"

"Daniel."

"Oh. Like the fastest dude in the school? That Daniel?"

"Yeah. I like sporty dudes."

"Hey! Then how come you don't like me?"

"Hayden, focus."

"Oh right! Start with some little things to see if he likes you too before you try anything else because I mean, you can't go up to a guy and ask him out if he hates your guts." I said as a matter of factly.

Lauren gave me this look to urge me to go on, but I just stared back at her in response.
"Well? What should I do dummy?"

"First off, don't call me dummy if not I'm never helping you again, second of all, um you can try to pretend to drop a piece of an assignment and make sure he sees it when you walk past and see if he gives it to you?"

"Hmm. Little cheesy, but it's something. Thanks Hay!" She ruffled my hair.

"You know I am older than you right?"

"Eh, by about an hour or so. But who cares?"

I sighed and shook my head. "Your welcome Laur."

When Lauren went out of my room, my phone started ringing. I looked down at it and it said
Ally🤓

So I accepted it and put it on my ear.
"Ello." I said

"Hayden I need your help." She said.
I frowned,
"What's wrong?"

"Well, I kind of told every one of my friends that you were my-"

"Your what?!" I almost yelled.

"Dude! Just let me finish!"

"Sorry." I said.

"My b-boyfriend."

My jaw dropped. I was not expecting that.

"You see, I'm sorry. They were pressuring me during lunch and I just blurted the first thing that came to mind. So I was wondering, for the time being. Can you help me be my fake boyfriend? Just until we 'breakup' then we can go on with our lives."

"Um... yeah. Yeah, okay."

"Great!" She said. "So I made some ground rules. No kissing on the lips, just cheek. You can hug and everything else, no groping."

"Hey! Since when would I do that?"

"Remember my first day? How am I supposed to know what you'd do to me. Anyway, thanks again Hayden! I owe you. Again. Got to go! If you have questions just ask me on the way to school tomorrow! See ya!"

Then she hung up.

Honestly I was okay with doing this. I didn't mind helping out a friend, but I just hope we don't miraculously fall in love by fake dating. That would be awkward af.

-=+=--=+=--=+=-
Ooh Hayden better watch what you say! You never know... anyway, hi! How's your day going? Hope you had a good one, or going to have a good one!
Until next time,
PEACE ✌🏼