18: Dare

HAYDEN
I can't believe I'm actually going through with this! It was supposed to just be a little prank, but I have to admit. I'm a little worried for what's going to happen to me. Because if this goes wrong, someone could end up dead. Yes, dead. Namely me.

It all started when Jack, Kristian and I decided to stay over at my house this weekend.
We were eating pizza, watching movies and playing truth or dare.

"Jack! Truth or dare?" Kristian asked, locking his eyes on Jack with a smirk.

"Truth!" He answered.

"Okay, would you rather kiss Audrey or Lauren?"

"That's easy. Lauren duh" Jack shrugged.

I punched his shoulder and gave him a look that said the heck dude?!

"Not my fault your sister's hot."

I rolled my eyes.

"Your turn Hayden," Jack turned towards me.

"Dare. Both of you are too chicken to choose that, so I'll do one. Give me your hardest!" I challenged them.

The two exchanged glances and sly smirks appeared on their faces.
"You sure Hayden? Truth might be a lot easier in this situation." Kristian said.

"Yeah I'm sure! Dare!" I blurt out, "bring it!" There was no way I was going to spill my dark secrets in a game.

Until I heard their dare...

"I dare you to sneak over to Ally's, break into her room and scare her." Jack said smugly, crossing his arms.

I just stared at them in disbelief.
"Dude! I could get killed! You know Ally, the strongest girl in our school yet the nerdiest."

"Come on man! You have to do it! Please!"

"Fine." I rolled my eyes.

***

We climbed over the fence and hid behind the big tree on her front lawn. We were dressed as some creepy people with black capes that draped over our whole body.
I put a finger up to my lips, well on the mask technically. And shushed them.

I looked up at the tree and grabbed some branches and hoisted myself up. The two followed after me, slowly making their way up to the top without getting noticed. I was about to open the window to her room when I noticed it was already open and the curtains were swaying in the breeze.

Then I noticed something else. I heard humming. So I listened carefully.
(Video pls 😊)

I've been living with devils and angels,
Angels, angels.

"Dude! Do it!" Kristian whispered for me to go.

"No! Can you hear that?" I whispered back. They leaned closer to the window to see what I was talking about.

Realise we were not in the same boat,
Same boat, yeah.

Her voice was so quiet yet mesmerising. Her eyes were closed, enjoying the music she was creating.

Kills me, how you love me then you cut me down,
I'll do the same.
We've been living like angels and devils, devils.

She was singing into a microphone that was connected to a little machine which I guessed put effects on her voice. But I noticed it wasn't even on yet, so this voice was all natural.

I'm loving the pain, I never wanna live without it.
So why do I try?
You drive me insane, now we're screaming just to see who's louder.
So why do I try?
You got me like,
Na na na na na na...

When the chorus came, our jaws dropped. No one knew she could sing that well. Especially an Ariana Grande song. That woman can hit those high notes like it's nothing. So we listened till the very end, where she turned everything off. The machine and her lights.

You and I redefine being lovesick, lovesick, lovesick
Through it all, you could still make my heart skip, heart skip, oh yeah
Even when you're yelling at me
I still think you're beautiful
Through it all you could still make my heart skip, heart skip

I'm loving the pain
I never wanna live without it
So why do I try?
You drive me insane
Now we're screaming just to see who's louder
So why do I try?
You got me like na na na na na na...

Oh baby, look at us
We been living like angels, living like devils
Oh baby, look at us
We been loving like angels, loving like devils
Oh baby, look at us
We been living like angels, living like devils
Oh baby, look at us
We been loving like angels, loving like devils, oh baby, look

I'm loving the pain
I never wanna live without it
So why do I try?
You drive me insane
Now we're screaming just to see who's louder
So why do I try?
You got me like na na na na na...

She went under the covers and closed her eyes. The boys nudged me to go in and I did, just after hesitating.
Please don't kill me, please don't kill me.
Was all I thought of in my head as I slowly open the window and climb in.

I took a deep breath and stood beside her bed, acting creepy.
And as expected, she turned around, slowly fluttered her eyes open, and let out a blood curdling scream. She reached under her bed and took a baseball bat in her hands before raising it and whacking me on the head.

I grimaced and held my head.
"Don't, come closer. I'll hit you again."

I held out my hand for her to stop and I took the mask off.
Her jaw dropped and she let go of the bat, letting it fall to the ground.
She was about to say something when I silenced her and slid under her bed.

Soon enough, her parents barged in with worried looks on their faces.
"Ally?! Are you okay? What happened, sweetie?"

"I'm fine, it was just a nightmare." Ally replied.

"Thank gods you're okay. Try to get some sleep okay honey? Goodnight." They closed the door behind them and I crawled out from under the bed.

"Why the heck would you do that? I could've had a heart attack!" She whispered.

"Sorry, it was a dare" I replied.

"You would risk your life, and mine too just to do a Dare?!"

I smiled awkwardly at her and tensed my shoulders.

She sighed and pulled the covers back over her.
"Goodnight Hayden."

I climbed through the window and onto the tree again.
"Goodnight Ally." I smiled.
-=+=--=+=--=+=-
Hi guys! So I did have time today to update, I made it a little longer as an apology. I will be able to update next week, but not this Friday.
So until next time,
PEACE ✌️