15: Groundrules

HAYDEN

"Wake up!" I whispered.

"Urghhhhhh"

"Come on Ally! Are you going to get up or not?"

"Go away person."

"This is Hayden and if you don't get up, I'm going to give you a big slobbery kiss."

Ally's eyes shot open and she sat up.
"What are you doing here at-" she looked at the clock "5:30 in the morning?!"

"We need to go through some groundrules if you're going to be my 'girlfriend'.

"But-"
I cut her off.
"Uh uh. No buts young lady. Here, get rid of those ugly thick glasses and put these on."

"Contacts? Are you serious?"

I glared at her.
"Okay! Okay! Geez don't get your boxers in a twist." She took the container and went to the bathroom.
A few minutes later, she came out with her glasses in her hand and the contacts in place.

"Good. Now instead of your usual hoodie and jeans, wear this." I handed her a black and white striped cropped tee and ripped denim shorts.

"How would you expect me to wear this?"

"Um, by taking your pyjamas off and putting it onto your body."

"You know what I mean. This isn't me at all."

"Yeah I know, but it makes you look super hot."

"How would you know? You've never seen me in this before."

"Duh there's something called imagination."

She frowned at me and went back to the bathroom to change.
When she came out, she looked absolutely stunning. Except for her hair. Strands of hair were sticking up in every direction and most of the hair from her bun had fallen out in the night.

"We need to do something about the hair." I pointed out.
She took out her bun and redid it, making another messy looking bun.

"Nope. No buns or ponytails. Come sit."

"What are you going to do with my hair?" She asked as I parted it in the middle.

"Braiding it."

"You know how to braid?"

"Yup. Don't ask how." I took three parts and started Dutch braiding the right side, then the left. I pulled at certain parts of the braid to make it look better, and done.

She took her hand and felt the braids. "Wow, this is good stuff Hayden."

"Thanks. Now let me get a good look at you."
She stood up and smiled at me before turning in a full circle to show everything off.

"Nice. I'm so proud of myself." I mumbled.

The sun already rose by the time they ate breakfast and were back in Ally's room, happily chatting.
"Oh look at the time! Let's go Hayden!" Ally said. She picked up her bag and dashed out the door towards the bus stop, our hands intertwined.

We sat down at the back of the bus, earning stares and murmurs from every single person sitting on the bus.
"Remember the ground rules, Kay?" She whispered over

"Ok." I looked out the window.

When we got to school, everyone was saying things like
"Who is she?"

"Is that Ally?"

"Dang she's hot"

I smirked and held her close to me. Her face flushed red and she looked the other way.
Elaine greeted us with Jack.
"Dang Ally, what happened?" Elaine studied Ally.

"This dude happened." She pointed to me. I put my hands up.

"Not my fault She fell in love with this beautiful thing." I pointed out.

"Let's go Hayden, our first class is on the other side of the school." Jack said.

"Okay. See you later Milady!" I smiled and kissed her on the cheek before following after Jack.

ALLY

"Since when we're you and my brother a thing?" I heard a voice. I spun around to see Lauren's confused face.

"Sorry I didn't tell you."

"Meh who cares. Elaine, can you let me talk to ally in private if you don't mind."

"Sure. I'm going to find Audrey." Elaine said.

"I need your help Ally." Lauren faced me.

"With what?"

"I like Daniel and I don't know how to tell him. Hayden wants me to drop something and see if he'll pick it up but I don't think it'll work. I need to do something else."

I smiled, "I think you just did."

"Huh?"

"Turn around."

She turned around to come face to face with Daniel.
"I heard my name and I couldn't help but listen to your entire conversation."

"Um... uhh." Lauren was speechless. I tried so hard to hold in my laughter.

"It's okay Lauren. I um- I like you too."

She smiled, "really?"

"Yup. And I was going to ask you to the Formal dance next month, but for now, would you like to go on an actual date with me?"

"Yes Daniel I would love to!"

They were about to walk off when Lauren said, "do you mind ally?"

"Nope! Go on right ahead."

"Thanks!" She hugged me and joined Daniel.

I'm such an amazing friend
-=+=--=+=--=+=-
Yo peepadoodoos how's life going? Hopefully you had a good time doing whatever you just did!

Until next time,
PEACE ✌️