•sixteen - r.m.•

The stars are shining through the navy curtain of the night sky, and the moonlight is shining on Farkle's face. Riley's grinning ecstatically, she can't stop no matter how hard she tries. All she wants is to be closer to Farkle, cuddling against him and touching his hair softly. 

He looks over at her for a split second, and she's glad for the darkness to cover her rosy cheeks. His hair is a mess as the wind coming through the open windows ruffles it gently. He's laughing brightly, and the radio's turned loud as they make their way down the road. It's a long road, and there's only so much time before their parents find out about their absence. But it feels good, the freedom and the open possibilities of this trip together. 

For the first time in a long time, Farkle feels like he isn't alone. And for the first time, Riley feels a different sort of way towards a guy - Farkle. She doesn't know if she loves him for sure, but she knows all she wants when she's around him is to keep being around him. And when he leaves, she's still thinking of him, until the next time she sees him. There's no point in lying to herself, but she doesn't want to tell him anything for sure. Not yet. It's so hard to be around him when she knows the way she feels deep down, but it's scary to think of how he'll react. 

Just now he's looking at her like she's his whole world, but it's not the first time she's seen that look. And just like with Lucas, and with her father, that look only lasts for as long as things stay the same. If anything changes, the look is gone. It only ever lasted for so long.

The brunette boy slows the car down, and turns the radio off. "Riley, what's wrong?" He looks genuinely concerned, and she really wants to tell him, but she can't. Not now. Not like this. 

"Nothing. It's nothing. I-I'm fine. Just keep going," She manages to keep her voice somewhat steady, and although Farkle looks skeptical, he returns to the normal speed. 

"Riles, I know you're not okay. I know you, I've known you for a while, and I know for a fact that you are not fine. Tell me, I want to know. I want you to tell me."

"Farkle, it's always been hard for me, for this to happen. Because I've known since the first few days that I knew you, that I liked you. A lot. And...I care about you more than I've let on, and I just don't want to get hurt anymore. I can't tell you anything for right now, but I know I wouldn't rather be anywhere else right now. I love being here, with you," She puts on a fake smile and he believes it, doesn't see the cracks underneath her smile. 

He turns the radio back on and reaches for her hand and gripping it firmly. "Riley, you should know I'll always be here for you. I don't care if we break up, I don't care if you ever feel differently, I'll still be right here, waiting for you to open up to me. Okay?" His voice is husky and caring, and she shivers a little. 

She shudders back sobs and looks straight at him. "Alright, thank you Farkle. I need that. I need you." 

They stop for the night at a small hotel on the edge of town. Farkle gets two rooms, knowing Riley isn't comfortable with them sharing a room, and Riley agrees, even though she knows she would rather be snuggled in his arms. She's okay with that, and it needs to be like that, at least for now. 

Farkle brings her up to her room, just across the hall from his, and helps her bring her few bags inside. He lingers at her door, looking down into her eyes that are the color of his morning coffee, filled with the same energy and longing that he feels. Her hand traces up to his rib cage and stays there, sending shivers down his spine and carving a smirk onto his face. He reaches down to cup his hands around her waist, lifting her just a little as he kisses her goodnight. Riley slips out of the kiss and snakes her arms around him, pulling him around her as he encases her in his large arms. She smiles deeply against his chest, breathing in every scent of him. 

Finally, he pulls back and winks at her as she sneaks back into her room, then returns to his own room. The longing between the two of them is strong, but they're okay. For now.

* * *

The hours pass like days for Riley. She can hardly sleep, she misses him so bad. Several times, she imagines his frame in her door, coming to hold her tight and tell her he loves her. All that she wishes is that he was here next to her, combing his hands through her hair and breathing into her neck. She shivers with the thought and closes her eyes again, dreaming it up for her own pleasure. 

When the morning finally comes, she jumps in the shower quickly and washes off, then dresses at lightning speed. Farkle knocks at her door just as she pulls her jeans on, and she calls him in. He walks in, and his jaw drops. Riley blushes and sweeps her chocolaty hair into a loose ponytail, then pulls a sweatshirt on over her tank top. 

"I'm not even wearing makeup, why are you making that face?" Riley mutters, giggling under her breath. 

"You're absolutely gorgeous, with or without makeup, Riley. You should know that by now." She runs towards him, jumping into his arms and wrapping her legs around his hips. Her feet brush his lower back and he swallows slowly, feeling her close to him and wishing they could stay like this forever. 

"Thank you, Farkle. You make me feel like I'm worth something." She kisses his chin, then his cheeks and nose, and lastly, his lips. She squeals when he puts his hand on her back and presses her against him. He reaches his lips to hers and kisses urgently, smiling when her eyelashes tickle his cheekbones and wishing she was his. 

Riley moves Farkle's hair into his eyes and cups his jaw with her small palm. He's blushing furiously, not trying to hide it now. She presses her lips to his and sighs a little, then climbs down out of his arms. "C'mon Farkle, let's go." He grabs one of her bags, a little dazed from her closeness and her kisses. 

"A-Alright." He agrees, his voice cracking a little from wanting her so bad, and she giggles while grabbing her other bag and pulling her sandals on.

They walk out the door, Farkle willing to follow her to the ends of the earth.

GUYS I'M BACK

I'M SO SORRY

I'VE BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND I'VE BEEN OUT OF IDEAS AND I JUST AGH I'VE MISSED YOU ALL PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR BEING SUCH A LAZY CUPCAKE

THIS CHAPTER IS AMAZING AND I'M VERY HAPPY WITH IT, IT'S THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING NEW IN THIS BOOK AND I LOVE IT

Anyways, hope you've all been having amazing holidays and happy 2017, love you all and stay safe!

LanaRae :)