Taking Chances

Maya's POV

(No dirty thoughts, people! Nothing happened the night before, because he cares about Maya too much and under the circumstances, they, especially JOSH would get in trouble, so if you're thinking dirty, grab some soap!)

The next morning, I woke up on the hotel bed. I looked around for Josh, he was on the sofa bed.

He wasn't asleep, he was wide awake, reading a book from the hotel bookshelf.

"Well, good morning there, Sleeping Beauty." Josh called over to me.

"Morning." I replied.

I got up and out of bed. I was so tired, I fell on my face as soon as I stood up.

Josh chuckled and came over to me and gently lifted me up and carried me to the sofa bed.

"You okay, Blondie?" he asked concernedly <--(yes, that's a word)

"Yeah." I mumbled. "Just a bit tired."

"Alright. Let's go." he said.

"Where? What are we gonna do today?" I asked curiously.

"First, head to Cory's, see if anyone's there, second, go to Topanga's for breakfast." Josh answered.

"'Kay. Let's go."

We headed to the Matthews' house and slipped in.

We grabbed our suitcases from my former room and ran to Topanga's lickety-split.

We ordered breakfast, then headed back to the hotel.

We put on new clothes and headed back out. We took a walk through the park, then through NYC.

"We're really taking chances here. Who knows if one of them will find us!" I exclaimed.

"And if they do, they can't keep us apart. I won't leave your side."  It was so sickeningly sweet, I socked him in the arm.

"So I say something nice and you punch me?" Josh teased.

I rolled my eyes and kissed him on the cheek.

"That's better." he said.

I smiled at him.

We stayed out until lunch and headed back to Topanga's.

We sat down at a table.

The waitress came to take our order, and... oh gosh.

"JOSH?! MAYA?!?! " It was Topanga herself.

"Hi... Mrs. Matthews. You look nice." I sucked up to her.

"You and Josh need to explain yourselves." she stated sternly.

"Come home with me now." she ordered.

We had no choice but to follow her home.

Cory's POV

I got home from work, and by work, I mean school.

It's the first time Maya hasn't shown up to pick Riley up and go to school.

Riley hasn't been her normal sunshiny self. It's only so long until Riley leaves the depression stage and becomes who she's be if she and Maya had never met. She'd wear dresses and hair bows and keep her hands folded "like so".

She's been depressed since Maya and Josh took off. I wonder if they eloped. Heaven help me if they did. I don't trust Josh as far as I can throw him. But he took Maya and I need her back to help me fix Riley.

I grabbed my coat to look for Maya, but someone burst through the door. Topanga.