Regrets (Two Days Later)

Two days later; Maya's POV

I'm miserable. Josh had to stay at Cory's, so I decided not to go back. Why did I do this? Josh seems just as, or more miserable than me.

The other day, I was sitting behind a tree, drawing the world around me, and I saw Josh. He was on a park bench with his head in his hands.

Some girl came up to him. She was absolutely gorgeous. Grey eyes, long, supermodel-esque  legs, and long dark brown hair that flowed over her shoulders and down her back.

I remember, my first thought was "Oh Lord it's Camila Cabello, minus the brown eyes." I was kidding, of course. She sat down next to him. He looked up at her and raised an eyebrow slightly.

"Hi, I'm Melody." She said, giving him a warm smile and then holding out her hand. He shook it, then looked at the ground.

"You seem a little down." she made a pouty face.

"Oh, was I that obvious?" He said sarcastically. Not the same sarcastic tone he used on me when we were being goofy, this sarcasm was serious and bitter.

"What's going on?" she asked, all while batting her long, fake lashes.
"My girlfriend broke up with me. The fact is, her stepdad thought I would hurt her, which, I guess, makes sense since i was a few years older than her."

"You can't be that old, so that would've meant... Was she a young teen?" she played with her hair a bit.

"I just turned 19. We started dating when I was 18 and she was 16. At the time, we thought since my older brother, who is practically her father, and her best friend, my niece, my brother's daughter both approved, her stepdad wouldn't be too opposed to our relationship, but we were wrong. He flipped out and he kept giving me these cold glares. My ex-girlfriend decided to 'protect' me and break up with me." he explained.

"Aww, you must've really loved her." she cooed. Her shirt slipped down just a bit. Josh immediately averted his eyes and looked at his shoes.

"Yeah. I did. And no one can replace her. Ever." he emphasized the last 6 words.

She wasn't getting the hint.

"Well, you'll have to get over her at some point." she scoffed.

"I'm not giving up that easy." he gave her a dead serious glare.

"Aw, come on!!" she giggled flirtatiously and flashed him, yet again. And again, he looked away.

"I don't like girls like you. You're way too seductive. I liked my ex's innocence. She wasn't interested in any of that stuff." That's cute. He thinks I'm innocent hahaha! I thought he knew me. I'm a lot of things, but honey, I ain't innocent.

"Aww, baby, that isn't really who I am! I can be as innocent as a kitten." she purred.

"Then why are you talking like that? Look, I have to get this girl back. I love her, and I'm pretty sure she loves me. There's another reason though-" He was cut off by Melody. "Why? Oh! Did you... Um, is she..." she gestured towards her lower abdomen.

"No, no way! Her stepdad would kill me." he rolled his eyes emphatically.

"Ah, and that's the ONLY reason?" she smirked.

"Well, no, I mean, yeah... Maybe? Hell if I know." He planted his face in his hands.

He has a lot of willpower to withstand this hooker. Any other single guy would've already given in.

"Look, you should go. I'm not interested, okay?" she finally got it and stalked off into Slutsville with her other whorebuddies.

TBC...