Trouble

Cory's POV

In walked Topanga. Behind her were... JOSH AND MAYA?!

She found them!?

"Cory, we have to talk to these two." Topanga informed me.

"Oh, definitely." I agreed eagerly.

I ran over to Maya, but before I could reach her, Josh stepped in front of her. He must've thought I wanted to hurt her, or drag her away from him.

"Don't touch her!" he cried and put an arm out in front of her.

"Josh, relax. I'm not gonna hurt her, but I might have to hurt you." I raised an eyebrow.

"Uhh... uhh... I, we-" Josh rambled and stuttered stupidly.

"Alright. Step out of the way. I want to talk to Maya." I said.

Josh reluctantly retracted his arm and stepped aside.

"Maya, I know you love Josh, and I know he loves you. But he's older than you, you're too young for a relationship like this. I want to protect you. Josh is going to be 19 in a few weeks. You just turned 16. There's too much of an age gap!" I explained.

"Age doesn't matter! Cor, several of my friends have parents 5, 10, 15 and even 20 years apart!"  Josh said.

"Yeah, Matthews! Age don't matter!" Maya backed him up.

"But they're adults! Josh is an adult, you're technically still a child, Maya."

"Fine. If you won't approve, we'll leave." Josh growled at me.

They turned to go.

"You can leave, Josh, but Maya has to stay."

"Why." Josh asked me bluntly.

"Riley needs her. She hasn't been herself since you and Maya ran off."

"Okay. I'll stay. But you have to let Josh be here, too. Not only, but also, you have to let us be together." Maya bargained with me.

"Okay." I laughed evilly. "Alright!" I laughed even louder. "That's fine with me! But I have some rules for the two of you." I added.

"Oh boy." they groaned.

"Rule number one and two are directed towards both of you. Rule one, no making out when you think I'm not around. Rule two, no PDA of any kind. Rules 3-7 are for Josh. Rule three, your hands go below her neck, and I'll cut them off, rule four, if you touch her someplace she's not comfortable with, I'll cut your arms off. Rule five, you make her cry, I'll make you cry. Rule six, if you want to do anything with her, example: kissing, then you better plan on kissing me first, meaning anything you don't wanna do with me, don't do with her. Rule seven, if you hurt her, I'll hurt you." I stated.

"Alright. As long as I get to be with Maya, I'm okay." Josh said.

"Aw!" Said both Maya and Topanga.

"You know what, Cory? I trust them. Maya might be a bad influence, but she isn't so insane that she'd make a mistake like having a kid at age 16 or something. And as for Josh, he's you're brother! We've known him since he was born! What's with all of the rules?" Topanga asked.

"He's a teenage boy, she's pretty much my daughter. I'm supposed to be suspicious." I said.

"HE'S YOUR BROTHER!" Topanga cried.

"HE'S OLDER THAN HER!" I yelled.

"I trust him. Topanga trusts him." Maya said calmly.

"What about Riley? Katy? Shawn?? Especially him! He loves you, Maya!" I retorted.

"Well, I'll call them to get their opinions." Josh said.

"Fine. I'll call all three of them. Oh! And Auggie." I reminded them.

And so I did. One by one, I called Riley, who was with Auggie at the park, then Katy and Shawn, who were back at their apartment.

They arrived 15 minutes later.

"Why did you call us?!" Auggie, Riley, Katy, and Shawn exclaimed.

"We want to know if you-" I started to explain.

Katy got a call.

"Oh! It's from the restaurant." she picked up.

"Hi! What? Uh-huh. I'll be there ASAP!" Katy said to the person on the other end of the line. "They're short on waitresses at the restaurant. I have to go. You too, Topanga." Katy and Topanga grabbed their coats.

"I'm coming, too. You might want help." Shawn said. They all left.

"Okay, that fell apart. We'll tell you two. Maya and Josh want to stay here." I told Auggie and Riley.

"Oh. Is that it? Well that's fine." said Riley.

"Yeah. You didn't have to ask our permission. It's your house, you know." said Auggie.

"You guys didn't let me finish. They want to stay here, and be together." I said.

"Okay. But I want at least 20 cousins from you two." said Auggie.

"NO! NEVER! No cousins. I don't want you two doing that, I don't want you to be together NO WAY! MY BEST FRIEND AND MY UNCLE CAN'T BE TOGETHER!" Riley yelled.

"I love Maya. I want to be with her forever. I'm an adult. I know what love is. And if this is love, I like it."said Josh.

"I might not be an adult, but I'm pretty darn close. I love Josh, he loves me." Maya said.

"I don't care. I'm never going to stop being your best friend, but I can't not  be Josh's niece!" said Riley.

"You don't like this?" Josh asked Riley. Riley shook her head. "I don't like it at all."

"Deal with it. The world doesn't revolve around you." said Josh.

"Fine. I'll try, but if anything happens, Josh, I'll have to kill you." Riley said.

"Okay. Nothing will happen." said Maya.

"Actually, I can't promise that." Josh snickered. "Depends on how long you leave us alone." Josh joked.

"Shut up!" Maya playfully punched Josh in the arm.

"None of that." I said sternly.

"When are we going to tell the others?" Josh asked.

"Well, I think Katy will approve of it, but I don't think Shawn will take it too well. He doesn't trust teenage boys like Josh. He used to be one. He was pretty dirty, and he would do dirty things with bad girls." I explained.

"That won't happen." Josh said.

"You know, that's exactly what he said." I recalled.

.

.

.

A/N Hey y'all!! What do you think so far? If you have any requests, let me know.

Quick survey: 1D, R5, Sabrina Carpenter, or Shawn Mendes' music is the best? I'll be sure to include the top band/singer in my story, and do a shout out to a few songs.

Thanks!

-Princess Zo