Plans

The next morning at the Matthews'

Maya's POV

I woke up in Josh's room the next morning not knowing what the flimflam happened.

I sat up and kissed Josh's sleeping face and quietly crept out of bed, trying not to wake him up. I walked into the kitchen where Riley was.

"Maya" said Riley. "Yeah Riles?" I looked at her. "I know you slept in Josh's room last night. I saw him carry your sleeping body in there... Not that I was spying on you." "Oh! So that's what happened. So why did you bring this up?" I asked. "I want you to sleep in MY room until either you or Josh leave." she informed me. "I'm totally fine with that. I love having little sleepovers with my best friend." I smiled. "PEACHES!!!!!" Riley squealed, ran over to me and hugged me.

"I don't know why it's such a big deal. She's my girlfriend. Is there a problem with that?" Josh walked into the kitchen. Apparently he had heard the entire conversation.

"Nothing. I just want to be with my best friend and I don't want her in your room at night alone. It's not that I don't trust Maya, I just don't trust you." Riley clarified.

"Oh, well it makes me feel so much better that my own niece doesn't trust me." Josh said sarcastically.

"It's not just Riley who doesn't trust you." said Cory who had been on the couch the entire time. "I know you Josh." Cory continued. "And I know Maya. I'd be much more comfortable if you kept to yourself and Maya slept in Riley's room."

Cory's POV

"I am a responsible person! She'll be fine! I love her. What would you and Topanga have done in this situation?" Josh shrugged.

Honestly, I didn't know how to answer this question. Josh was the only one who seemed unhappy with this sleeping arrangement.                                                                                                        

"I'm not sure, but Topanga and I are different then you and Maya. You need to think about this for a second. Think about how I feel right now. I love you, you're my little brother, but I love Maya too, and she's like a daughter to me. Maya's the one who's more vulnerable in this situation and I think you need to respect that."

Josh paused and thought for a moment.

"Okay." he sighed. "I get it. I guess you can stay with Riley during the night, Papaya." I chuckled at his nickname for her. "Alright. Well, we still have the daytime." Maya offered.  "You should spend some time with Riley. Obviously I'm ruining your plans." Josh's face turned red. "You're not!" Cried Maya. "Yes, he is!" Riley huffed. "See? Riley's your best friend and I don't want to intrude." Josh tried to prove his point. "Can we all hang out together?" Maya asked hopefully. She gave Riley her most innocent, sweet-looking puppy-dog eyes. "Oh, alright. But no acting like lovebirds. I just wanna have fun. Can we go to the strip mall with Lucas, Zay, and Farkle?" Riley asked. "Yeah, I have my phone. I'll give them a heads up." Maya said.  She called them and told them her plans. "They agreed to come." said Maya. They all got ready to leave, said their goodbyes to me and Topanga and left.