Melody Mishap

Maya's POV; Walking into the building; 8pm; rainy night

I had just been at the park. It was 8:00pm in February, so of course, it was dark. An eerie, disturbing, foreshadowing dark. Like something bad was about to happen.

I walked into the apartment building. I saw a pretty brunette strut into an elevator. It took me about 5 seconds to realize who it was.

Melody.

Fear, frustration, anger, helplessness. That was all I could feel. Did she know anyone in the building? I'm pretty sure I know who, though.

I went into an elevator. I pushed the button that would take me to the Matthews' apartment. Cory was helping out at an event at the school, Topanga was working a shift with Riley, and Auggie couldn't be home alone, so he was with those two. Josh was at NYU, but it was Tuesday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, he has a later class.

I spent the elevator ride worrying about what was to come.

I arrived on their floor, right after Melody. I nervously stepped out of the elevator. My feet were shaking, along with my hands. I dodged behind a plastic plant in the hall as her eyes suspiciously swept the area. She knocked on the Matthews' door. Josh opened it. He was home.

"Hey, Melody. Nobody's home. Come on in." He smirked at her. Was this really Josh? MY JOSH? Was he cheating? For how long? Did she come back after I ran away at the park?

I stepped in, uninvited, and saw something that made my heart sink into my black boots. No!!

Josh was on the couch with Melody in a full-fledged makeout session.

"NOOO!!!!!!!" I screamed.

They rolled their eyes at me.

"Hey, Mel. Let's go." Josh gestured towards his room.

I ran out of the building. I was sobbing uncontrollably.

I ran out into the busy streets of NYC.

The last things I saw and heard: Headlights. Josh opening a window and staring at me. I stared back. I heard his voice. "Maya!!" he screamed. I saw the car headed right at me. I shrieked as I felt cold metal slam into me. I fell in a pool of my own blood. I heard sirens. I blacked out. I don't know how long I was out. When I did wake up, I felt a bed under me. I heard a steady beep that increased its pace.

"Beep..Beep..Beep..Beep beep beep beepbeepbeepbeepbeep"

I felt the life draining out of me.

I heard panicked voices.

"SHE'S DYING! SOMEBODY GET HELP!" It was JOSH'S voice.

"She's too far gone." said a woman's voice.

I felt my heart skip a beat.

"NOOO!" Yelled Josh. I felt his warm hands on my cold, lifeless skin.

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"