The Discussion

Josh's POV
Maya and I left the room quietly. We walked into the guest room which will be my room as soon as I get my suitcase from the hotel.

OH MY GOSH! THE HOTEL!

"MAYA! WE LEFT OUR STUFF AT THE HOTEL!! OH CRAP!" I cried.

"Okay, we'll go back, not yet though. I need to talk to you." Maya said calmly.

"What if Shawn doesn't approve?" she asked me.

"Then too bad for him. I don't care because I love you!" I said.

"And I love you. But if Shawn doesn't approve, this might be the end  of us." Maya whispered.

"No. I'm not gonna let that happen. I love you too much to let you go." I said.

She looked like she was about to cry. I didn't know how to stop her! I don't know how to comfort her! I did the only thing I could think of. I leaned forward and kissed her. She kissed back and before I knew it, that one kiss had turned into a full-fledged make out session.

She stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Maya started giggling like she was losing her mind.

"Did Auggie say he wanted 20 cousins?! He meant from Eric and Morgan, right??" she asked.

"Yes, he did say that, no, he didn't mean from Morgan or Eric." I said. "But I'm okay with having 20 kids with you." I added with a smirk.

"Well, I'm not!" she hid a giggle behind a poker face.

"You might change your mind." I joked. She just rolled her eyes at me.

"It's impossible! I ain't no Duggar, and even then, they have 19 KIDS." said Maya.

"I'm kidding. Auggie's a crazy little kid. He doesn't understand." I told her.

There was a long, awkward silence as we sat there.

"Let's go get our stuff." Maya broke the silence.

We went outside and hailed a cab.

The ride to the hotel was only 5 to 7 minutes long.

"We have to get our stuff, return the room key, and head back to my brother's house." I apprised Maya.

When we got to the hotel, we ran straight to our room. I grabbed the room key out of my pocket and unlocked the door. We burst through it and rushed into the bathroom. We frantically threw our toothbrushes and toothpaste and the other toiletries into our bags, then we grabbed our suitcases and left. Then we hailed another cab and went to Cory's.

"Hello again you two. We have to talk." Cory said as we walked in the door. We both groaned. We knew exactly what was to come. Actually, there were several possibilities.

"Okay. Give us some time to unpack our suitcases." I said.

We unpacked as fast as possible, and then walked into the living room where Cory was.

"So what were you going to talk-" I started, but I was interrupted by Cory.

"I don't think you should tell Shawn about your relationship!" Cory blurted out.

"Cor, we have to. He's her stepdad. He needs to know." I said.

"Forget that! He deserves to know!" Maya corrected.

"He called me a minute after you left. We had a short conversation, and we went from Maya to you, and I quote "I heard your little brother got a girlfriend. It's kinda ironic! Maya got a boyfriend. I still need to meet him. What if Josh and Maya are dating! Ha! That's ridiculous. And kinda sad. I would have to kill Josh. Literally kill him." and I don't want my best friend to be the one to kill you! It has to be me!!" Cory explained.

"Shawn could be serious. He's crazy about you, Maya." I said.

"Okay, we won't  tell him." Maya stated.