Chapter Four.

"Maybe I should wait until tomorrow." I said quickly. "I mean, he's probably had a really long day and all."

Pedro gave me his look, rolling his eyes and then narrowing them at me. "For heaven's sake, Rachel." He shook his head. "You were braver when you lived among bloodthirsty vampires, but the idea of having an honest conversation with your fiancé and you are as chicken as they come."

I sighed, throwing myself back on the couch. "I know, you're right, but I don't know what to say." I admitted. "It is all going to sound so crazy and...."

"Rachel, if he loves you, like it does seem he does, then he will understand." He said gently.

I sat back up and looked at him evenly. "Even the most understanding person in the world would look at you like you were a nut case if you told them you'd had a baby with the king of the vampire's and someone is out to get the rightful heir to that throne." I said flatly. "Don't even try to make it sound like it is no big deal."

Pedro smiled reluctantly. "Just trying to give you a boost, but very well, you're right." He nodded. "It will be hard, and he will probably have a hard time with it, but he will come around, and if not, oh well." He shrugged.

"You don't like him at all, do you?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest.

Pedro smiled at me apologetically. "I'm sorry, of course I like him." He said. "He seems to truly care for you and Rose, but of course my own loyalties lie with my king."

I stood up quickly. "Yeah, well, mine did too until he ripped out my heart and tossed me away, only to send you to bring me back five years later."

"Now, Rachel." He sighed. "You know he did what he did out of love for you." He said softly, but I didn't want to hear it. I was tired of being told how self-sacrificing Calvin was, or how he did the right thing for me and blah blah blah. I had feelings too. I have opinions and wants and needs that should have been taken into consideration. Yes I was happy that he came clean and told me the truth, and I was angry about that, but I hadn't wanted to leave. That was never my decision, but yet it was the one that was made for me and I am still pissed about it.

I left Pedro in the living room and I went into my bedroom and waited for Logan to come out of the bathroom.

I knew I needed to think long and hard about how to approach this, but I was also still thinking about what Pedro had said. Whether Calvin did what he did out of love or not shouldn't matter. He did what he wanted to do, because it was his plan, just like this whole thing now I am doing what he wants because he has a plan. It is like the never ending circle of Calvin taking my choices away from me.

When Logan walked into the room, a towel wrapped around his hips and his hair dripping down onto his bare shoulders, I realized I had been sitting here fuming over Calvin instead of planning what to say to Logan.

"Hey, babe." He smiled as he walked over to the dresser, slipping into a t-shirt and some shorts. "How was your day?"

I fidgeted with my hands in my lap. "Eventful, actually." I said softly. "We need to talk about something important."

Logan raised his eyebrows and came to sit by me at the foot of the bed. He reached over and brushed my hair behind my ear so that he could see my face. "What's wrong?" He asked gently, rubbing my back softly. "You look tense."

I turned a little so that I was facing him, knowing I needed to look him in the eyes while I told him the truth. "You're going to think I am insane, but I promise I am telling you the truth, ok?"