Chapter Ten.

I closed the door behind me and I heard the lock click shut on the other side.

"Babe?" I heard Logan call from the bed.

I walked over and sat beside him. "Sorry." I said simply, knowing that it was a loaded word.

"Where'd you go?" He asked, brushing my hair away.

I laid back on the bed. "Calvin came to talk to me." I said truthfully.

"Calvin?" Logan repeated, dislike painted all over his tone.

"Yeah. He wanted to talk."

"About what?" Logan demanded.

I shook my head. "Nothing really."

Logan narrowed his eyes. "Then why did he come then?" He asked. "Just to talk to you about nothing?"

I nodded, keeping my eyes ahead of me. "I guess."

Logan shifted next to me and I could feel his glare on my face. "Look at me." He demanded and I turned my face to him, my eyes still not focusing on him. "Did something happen with you two?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Then why are you being so weird right now?"

I finally looked him in the eyes and sighed, guilt tearing at my insides, making me feel sick to my stomach. "Because something could have happened." I said softly. "I stopped it, but it could have."

Logan leaned away from me, the mix of pain and anger on his face making me drop my eyes back down to the bed. "Rachel." He said my name, his scruffy voice not wrapping around it the way that his does. "You told me I didn't have anything to worry about with you coming here."

I blinked hard, getting the tears out. "I didn't think you did."

He widened his eyes. "But you do now?"

"I don't know...I feel...conflicted, Logan." I croaked out.

Logan threw the blankets away from him and got out of the bed, stomping to the other side of the room. "Conflicted?" He shouted. "You feel conflicted? Rachel, we are supposed to be getting married, we are supposed to be a family!"

The tears kept coming. "I know, Logan." I whimpered. "I know that, and I still want that, I just...Seeing him again just brought up a lot of stuff for me, and I don't know how I feel about it all. I thought I was passed it, but..."

"Just stop talking, Rachel." He snapped. "Just stop."

"Logan, I'm sorry, I love you and I wanted to be honest with you." I cried, wanting to go to him, but knowing he would turn away from me if I tried.

"Honest with me? Honest like when you didn't tell me that you were already married, or that you still had feelings for some bloodsucking asshole?" He turned on the lights and I could see how red his face was with anger. "Call Octavia." He snapped. "I want out of this goddamn room."

I got out of bed and tried to go to him but he gave me a look and pointed to the counter where the pager was. "Logan, please, I don't want you to go anywhere, and it isn't safe. Just stay here. I'm sorry, I just didn't want to keep anything from you because I want to have a future with you. I meant what I said when I told you I would marry you."

"Oh yeah? And where does your husband fit into that future you want with me?" He yelled then stomped over to grab the pager himself, dialing Octavia's number. "Get me the fuck out of here." He yelled into it. "I don't care, I want to get out of this room." He said slamming it back down on the counter and then going to wait by the door.