Calvin.

"Pedro." I said anxiously into the phone when Octavia came to my room.

"Calvin," He replied politely. "We are here, safe and sound."

The relief I felt washed over my cold body. "Thank god." I said rubbing my face. "And you, of course." I added. "Please, tell me about her." As much as I needed to know that she was safe, half of my anxiousness for his call had to do with finally getting know what she is like.

"She's perfect." Pedro crooned. "So beautiful, smart, and I mean smart. She is as quick as a whip, and she's funny, and so kind."

"I know where she gets that from." I smiled to myself, an action that almost felt foreign to me now after years of not smiling at all.

"Rachel has certainly raised a good little girl." Pedro agreed. "She's a lot like her, but she looks like you too." He told me. "She's very talkative when you get her going." He laughed.

"What does she like?" I asked, wanting to know everything about her, but the look on Octavia's face meant that I didn't have time for a long conversation. "Actually, Pedro, I will talk to you tomorrow." I told him. "I want to stay in the loop at all times, understood?"

"Of course, Calvin." He responded and in the back ground I heard a high pitched child's voice.

"Who is Calbin?" She asked Pedro.

"He's a very good friend of mine." Pedro replied to her.

"Oh, tell him hi from me." She said happily.

I staggered back, the backs of my legs hitting the bed and I sat clumsily.

She spoke to me.

She speaks at all.

How fast a child changes I marveled to myself. My hands shook at the joy of hearing her sweet little voice, angelic, just like her mother.

Her mother.

Rachel.

"I will check back in tomorrow." Pedro said, bringing me back to the present moment.

"Very good, thank you, Pedro."

I handed the phone off to Octavia and she tucked it away. "I told you that they'd be fine." She smiled.

"You have 'told me so' quite a few times over the last few days." I pointed out to her and she smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"I know." She beamed. "Are you any more relaxed now that you know they are safe?"

I wanted to laugh at the word 'safe'. Anytime I've tried to make a person safe, or tried to feel safe, it has always backfired on me. "There is no safe until the rebels after her are dealt with, and I get Rachel cleared and freed from here once and for all." I sighed.

"Speaking of that." She said suddenly. "The meeting is going to be tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" I asked, honestly surprised.

She nodded, her long black hair swaying away from her shoulders as she moved. "Yes, the council wanted to do it sooner, and I am on board with it because I feel like she is safer now, especially after the meeting."

I nodded my head. "I don't like it."

Octavia narrowed her eyes. "You wouldn't like it no matter when we did it." She reminded me. "You'd worry no matter what."

I leaned back my head and groaned. "Octavia, you have no idea the kind of trouble that girl is capable of getting herself into if left alone to do it." I told her and she laughed.