Chapter Fourteen.

I laid carefully on my side of the bed, looking up at the brilliant chandelier, admiring the millions of facets in the diamonds. Although it had hardly been more than a day since I'd last seen Logan, it might as well have been centuries the way things have suddenly changed. I hated myself for being weak and giving in to accepting someone else's love when in my heart I always knew that if Calvin were to ever come back, I'd always chose him. It was selfish and stupid of me to let someone into my life, but I never could have foreseen the events that have taken place.

I felt sick to my stomach as I waited.

I never intended to hurt Logan. Never. I truly do love him so much, but it would just be unfair to tag him along when I know where my true feelings lead me. He's a good man. A strong, devoted, funny, caring, and big hearted guy who doesn't deserve to be with someone who can't give him everything. As much as it pains me, I know there has to be better for him out there somewhere.

I wondered idly if this is how Calvin felt. He was caught between two girls once upon a time too, and though he loved me, he did say that he cared for Lexton and didn't like seeing her hurt. I care so much about Logan and hurting him causes me physical pain, but...

There was a commotion in the hallway and I sat up quickly, straining to listen.

"Are you him?" I heard Logan's loud voice bellow. "Are you Calvin?"

"You must be the boy who accompanied Rachel here." I heard Calvin snap back quickly.

"Shit." I muttered, throwing my legs off of the bed and running towards the door.

"You're one twisted asshole, you know that?" Logan said and I stopped in my tracks, leaning my head against the door to listen better.

"Me?" Calvin laughed. "You're the one trying to fill shoes that you never could."

"You know she can't possibly love you!" Logan yelled back. "You're not even human! Whatever she thought she had with you wasn't real. You monsters ripped her away from her family and alienated her, then you come out like a knight to rescue her, but it's all a lie. She clung to you because you were all she had to cling to. She had never even been around another man before you." Logan laughed. "Of course she thought she loved you. It was a classic case of Stockholm syndrome. You were her capture, not her husband."

I gasped a little at his harsh words. I'd never heard Logan lash out like that, and he had never said something like that to me before. Stockholm syndrome? That's what he thought my feelings for Calvin were? I don't guess I can be too surprised. I had wondered the same thing myself over the years, but I had always come to the same conclusion. My feelings were not out of fear or my mind trying to trick me into a comfort with my imprisonment. I truly loved Calvin.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Calvin said so lowly I could hardly hear him. "I love Rachel. I always have loved Rachel. I always will love Rachel." He said. "She is my wife, and the mother of my child. She is irreplaceable to me."

"Yeah well, I love her too." Logan snapped. "And you want to talk about that child you mentioned. The one you know nothing about because you never bothered to be a part of her life. The little girl who calls me daddy, and loves me too. You really messed up there. I love her like you never did."

I knew as soon as I heard the words leave his lips that it would be bad. I ripped open the door and saw Cromley trying with all of his force to pull Calvin away, and Logan on the ground beneath them both, Octavia knelt down trying to pull Calvin's hands away from Logan's neck, and Logan's hands up on Calvin's face, trying to gauge out his eyes. I was frozen for a moment seeing the two of them trying to literally kill each other.