Chapter Thirty Six.

"Told me what, Calvin?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and my face getting hot. "I thought you were done keeping things from me too."

Calvin continued to glare at Pedro for a moment who only looked narrowly back at him, and then he finally sighed and walked towards me. I backed up and he shook his head at me as he reached for me. "It's not what you think." He huffed. "I never had any reason to mention it to you before." He said. "I mean, that whole declaration of your newfound love for the vampire life wasn't exactly something I saw coming, Rachel."

"You're evading the point." Pedro quipped and I nodded with him.

The others in the room tried not to look like they were paying us any mind, but it was obvious that they were. Calvin leaned his head back and looked up at the ceiling. "Rachel, why do you want this?" He sighed then lowered his eyes back to mine, his expression softening. "I can understand you wanting to help us get Rose back, but just think what you'd be giving up."

"I have thought about it." I snapped back, then lowered my voice. I didn't want to fight with him, I only wanted to make him see that I was sure that this was something I was ready for. "Honestly, Calvin." I sighed. "Where else could things really go for the two of us without me changing eventually?" I asked him. "Were you still going to want to be at my side when I was grey haired, wrinkly, and using a walker?"

"Of course." He replied without a second's thought. "I love you."

I shook my head. Of course he was going to say that. "Calvin, I want this." I told him again. "I want to be with you...forever." I whispered. "The only way for us to have forever is for me to be like you."

"Rachel, I-." He tried to say but I quickly inched up and kissed him on the lips, throwing him off for a moment.

"I know all the reasons you're worried, but I promise, I want this." I told him. "I'm not making a rash decision, or not thinking clearly."

Calvin stepped back from me so that I couldn't distract him again and he ran one hand through his messy hair. "If it isn't a rash decision, then why all of a sudden?" He asked. "You've never mentioned anything about wanting this life to me before, and as a matter of fact, the only time we've discussed it, you are the one who told me that you don't want to be a vampire." He pointed out.

Pedro stepped forward. "Why don't you stop fighting it?" He asked Calvin. "The sooner she is changed, the sooner we can go after these bastards and get revenge and Rose back."

Calvin's eyes flared black for a second before fizzling back to a dark grey. "This conversation doesn't concern you, Pedro." He said angrily. "I don't know why you are encouraging this, but that's enough!"

Pedro looked angry, but he bowed his head and leaned against the back wall, keeping his head down. "She's a big girl, Your Majesty." He mumbled under his breath.

Calvin was still glaring at him, and I caught Octavia glancing over with her mouth hanging open before she noticed me and turned back to the seemingly blank piece of paper in front of her that she and Logan were pretending to be really interested in looking at.

"Calvin, I know it sounds strange, and before, sure I didn't want this, but now." I sighed. "Now I know what living without you is like, and I know what feeling helpless feels like, and I don't want those feelings anymore." I tried to explain. "I want to be able to live as long as you so that we never have to be truly apart again. I want to be strong enough to protect myself and the ones I love. I want to help rescue our daughter. I want to be like you." I said quickly, one thing after the other. "I am telling you that this is what I want."