Chapter Seven.

"Everyone stay close around your queen." Octavia   ordered the guards as we all hustled into the small room with the gold tiles that housed the elevator to Castrum de Petra. She pushed the button, and the doors slid open. "Sector one go, sector two swarm." She directed and a handful of guards from in front of me moved onto the elevator while the ones who were left behind me, spread out around me while the elevator doors closed again.

"What are we doing?" I asked and Octavia turned to me.

She was gorgeous. Long raven hair, porcelain skin, pouty lips, and mesmerizing dark grey eyes that were almost too big for her face, but only made her even prettier. "We are going to take you to containment, and I will brief you there." She said. "As I am sure you know, your arrival has created quite the buzz, but it isn't all good buzz. Right now we are in class two lockdown, but we don't have the manpower to enforce that for long, so we need to get you to safety, then we can lift the lockdown and go from there." She explained as she tapped her red bottomed heels on the tiles impatiently as she waited for the elevator to come back.

"Containment?" Logan asked warily.

Octavia barely gave him a glance. "Yes, we need to keep our queen safe." It was clear in her demeanor that she was not happy about Logan being here, and she wasn't going to try to hide it. Logan rolled his eyes which only made her pinch her face up. She took a breath and looked back to me. "Your majesty,"

"Rachel, please." I sighed.

She sighed too. "Yes, Rachel, when the elevator comes back up we will squeeze in and join the guards who are already waiting."

My mind was still all jumbled, and I was beginning to get a headache from my panic attack earlier. "Ok." I nodded. "What is a class two lockdown?" I asked. "I don't remember ever having one of those when I was here before."

She nodded her head quickly. "Yes, it is very rarely implemented." She said. "It means all people who are not authorized to be out, should be in their rooms. Anyone wandering the halls at this point is considered an enemy to you, and trust me, you have quite a few, but you have more than enough guards."

I nodded with her and she smiled when the doors of the elevator slid back open. "Let's go." I muttered unexcitedly to Logan. I honestly didn't even care about what she had said about threats to me. I'm in big danger, but that's just another day in Castrum de Petra. If I'm not in danger, I'm dead.

Even though I'm unaffected by the warning, Logan looked a little like he might be. He gulped and looked a little pale as we loaded onto the elevator, guards pressing in around us at all corners.

"Explosion in left wing." A voice came through on a walkie-talkie.

Logan looked down at me with wide eyes and I turned to Octavia. She shrugged her slender shoulders. "Don't worry." She said dismissively. "That's a good thing, really." She nodded. "Just means they are taking the bait." She smiled at herself, then looked over at Logan and me and sighed. "It was my idea." She explained. "We've told certain people that you were going to be being held in a secure room on the third level of the left wing. That way any people who would try to harm you would be going there, and thus showing us who is against you so that they can be dealt with."

Logan reached over for my hand and he held onto it tightly. Octavia gave me a look and shook her head quickly as she stared at me then looked down at mine and Logan's intertwined hands. I pursed my lips as I slid my hand away from him and he looked down at me questioningly. I shook my head and he sighed loudly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to him and his expression softened slightly.

The dinging began to slow and I knew we were getting close to stopping.