Chapter 9

The cafe was unusually quiet. All chairs were empty, there was no one at the counter, and if it weren't for the clanging pots and pans in the background, you wouldn't know they were open. And wouldn't you know it, there sat Y/N, all alone, typing away on her laptop. At the sound of a jingling bell, a new addition to the shop, she glanced up to see a familiar face walking towards her. It was the same brown haired, blue eyed boy from before. "So we meet again! Y/N was it?"
     "Yep, and I believe yours was Matthew?"
"Lucas, but I guess that's close enough. I just so happened to walk by, saw you looking pretty lonely over here... Is it okay if I sit down?"
She motioned to the seat across from her before going back to her laptop. Once again it was quiet, but this time, it was awkward.
"So, how's your grandparents?"
     "Still alive and breathing. Hopefully."
     He nodded, chuckling a her joke. "That's all we can hope for...So, how'd you decide to come to this small-er-village?"
     "Well, my-" she was interrupted by four boys walking in.
For the two without masks, she could definitively see the familiarities of them and their creepypasta form. They all looked like average men, people you would see on the street and never think twice of them. They instantly spotted her, which wasn't hard considering the nonexistent crowd there. She stared at them as they walked towards her, curiosity filled her eyes.
She was ready for them, or so she thought. The only thing she didn't account for was Lucas, another variable in the equation. Of course, the four used him to their advantage. "So, I see our little Y/N has a boyfriend!" Masky hooted.
Y/N rolled her eyes at that, taking that time to think of something to say. "That's what you say whenever you see me with a boy. You're such a kid."
The boys chuckled at her response. "I really should get going." Lucas quietly said, a little uneasy with the last statement, and tried to scoot out.
"Nonsense, you should stay," Toby exclaimed while sitting down and putting his arm around Lucas's neck, pushing him back into the booth. "I'd love to meet the guy that Y/N has taken a liking to."
The other boys sat down, Masky and Hoodie on her side with Hoodie putting his arm around her shoulders, and Laughing Jack with Toby on the other side. "I'm Toby. The guy next to me is Jack, the guy in the hoodie is Brian, and the guy next to him is Tim. You?"
He looked uncomfortable as he said his name, seeming troubled with the little space between him, the wall, and Toby. "Lucas... I hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you know Y/N. You sure seem awfully close to her."
"They go to my college. I was talking to them a while back about coming here, guess they came to surprise me."
"What'd you come here for anyways? I meant to ask you before, but never got the chance."
"Well, uh, I came here to live with my grandparents for a bit, take some time off. Just want to get a chance to spend some time with them before they kick the bucket. Be here for them when my parents can't."
"How nice of you. Making a contribution to the world, no matter how small or big."
"Yeah, well we all need help at times..."
As they stared into each other's eyes, 'Tim' coughed, bringing the two back to the shop. "Aww! Little Y/N has a crush on someone." Jack chirped as the four laughed. With cheeks as red as a baboon's behind, Y/N looked out of the window.
"Well, it's great meeting you, but I really must get going. Tell Mr. And Mrs. Garner I said hi...even though they don't know me." The boys moved out of the way for him as he got up.
As soon as he was out of the door, the boys climbed back into the booths. "So, who was your friend?" Toby was quick to ask.
     "Just some guy I met here a couple of weeks ago. It really isn't any of your business." She goes back to typing on her laptop. "We came here to talk about...well, I really don't know what we came to talk about."
"We came to discuss why Slender want you. It seems kinda odd that he'd want you and not your friend." 'Tim' elaborated.
"Do you mean that because I'm a girl and he's boy, so he's automatically stronger than me?" Y/N scoffed at this with a monotone voice. "In this case, that is true, but that isn't always how it is. Anyways, he wouldn't be able to get him. Well, actually, I can think of one way, but it's probably the only one."
"I think it has something to do with you specifically. Why would Slendy spend time training a human unless they were useful?" Jack put out.
"I have a couple theories. Not that I'm gonna tell them to you or anything."
"Now you're just being stubborn."
"And I think you're acting like a little kid."
"You might as well just tell us now! We'll find out sooner or later."
"You might as well give up now. I'm not telling you, even if it's the last thing I do."
"Your so-"
"Enough!" Brian banged his fists down on the table. In fact, the bang was so loud that the distant sound of the clanging cookware stopped for a beat before continuing once again.
     "Look. You seem like a very nice lady, and we don't want to hurt you-" Brian started.
    "The feeling isn't mutual." Y/N quickly interjected before crossing her arms and sinking comfortably into the booth.
     He huffed before continuing, "but, we will if we have to. If we can keep this friendly banter up, we may be able to hold your due date back a bit."
     "You just want to hear more about me to find my weaknesses. I thought it was pretty obvious before, but I'll say it again. I'm not coming with you, and that's final. If anything, it should be me saying that. There's only one way I'd do it, and I certainly won't tell you that."
    "Fine, we get it...but is there any way you can walk with us? We have no way of knowing where to go." Tim slyly said.
There was no way she could say no. Brian's arm was still around her shoulder, and she surly didn't want to make a scene. As she nodded, she put away her laptop while some of the boys started standing. Finally she stood up bag in hand, and walked out, between the boys.
I've got a bad feeling about this.

~1158 words~