Chapter 11

The light streaming through the window seemed to burn a hole through Y/N's dreams. Trying to disregard the obvious wake up call, she burrowed herself deeper into her covers. Wait-covers? Her eyes sprang open but her body remained stiff. She laid on her bed, in her house, at her jungle. Listening closely, she attempted to hear any sounds that could've possibly reached her ear. It was a minute later when she heard the creaking of a floorboard.
     Hastily, she stood up before scanning her surroundings and slinking towards the door. How's it possible I'm here? As she approached the door, she began hearing more noises. Now, if her lethargic mind were thinking clearly, she would've easily known who the person in the room was without having to see their oh-so familiar face. There was only one other person who could've gotten into the vast jungle of hers, after all. But of course, Y/N being more of a "shoot first, ask questions later" kinda gal, she opened the door when she heard the individual stroll right in front of it.
Throwing the door open, the woman launched herself at the person, only to freeze when she saw his face. Eyes widening and back straightening, she stared directly into his eyes with an unknown expression plastered on her face.
Staring at her with unease, he nervously smiled at her. His dark brown hair clung to his face as he spoke. "Hey... Y/N."
She didn't move an inch.
Sighing the boy started to ramble. "Um...I-I know that w-we had left off on a b-bad note last time I saw you...but, I...um...I j-" he was caught off guard when the girl ran up to him, hugging his awkward form tightly and burying her face in his neck .
He instantly tensed at her touch. Hesitantly, he brought his arms around her. The boy could feel water starting to fall onto his skin, making his eyebrows go up.
     Stepping back to see his face, but not taking her hands off his shoulders, they studied each other's features. The man looking at her tear stricken, smiling face, the girl looking at his bewildered one. "Michael..." The two leaned closer to each other, lips locking perfectly.

                                       ~*~

     They sat across from each other, slightly uneasy. Neither chose to talk...or make eye contact...or anything really. In fact, this was their second, going on third, hour of the infinite silence. After the long hug, and the occasional kiss, they had finally gained their senses only to become utterly embarrassed. They quickly detangled themselves before bumbling away from each other.
     Now, here they sat, staring off into space in completely different directions, trying to avoid any and every form of contact. But Y/N, to her dismay, was the first to interrupt the silence by coughing. The two of them glanced at each other before Micheal spoke. "So...it's nice seeing you again."
     Y/N nodded a bit before looking off into the distance. "I recognized you..."
     "What?" Micheal's eyebrow rose.
     The woman turned her attention back to the male before continuing. "I called you Matthew. 'Lucas' reminded me so much of you. I knew his name wasn't yours, so I called him Matthew.... You were him, right?"
He studied the girl before nodding and looking away. "It took forever for me to find you. I...I found you a couple months ago. I was able to pose as an high school exchange student... I felt the aura of your jungle here, tried to see if you went to school. I-I couldn't find you...I almost gave up,"  He looked up to see Y/N looking at him, "but then I found you."
With a small smile glancing her lips, she looked away and whispered, "...that was cheesy..."
"Yeah..." He chuckled, "but I knew you'd like it."
     She smiled and nodded, "Of course you would know that, Mikey."
     The said boy instantly tensed up, all giggles resounding in the room seemed to cease. The smile on Y/N's face dropped, along with her gaze, at the same time, as the one name seemed to tear the friendly atmosphere down. Realizing her mistake, but not fully understanding the situation, she started stammering. "I-um- didn't mean to...I mean...er...I'm sorry if I m-made you uncomfor..." Her voice trailed off as her eyes instantly met 'Mikey's'.
     His head was tilted in confusion as his mouth tried to form words. Finally, after many fails, his vocals seemed to warm up. "I see no reason to be sorry. You were just falling into old habits...something that isn't out of your character...." he trailed off with a chuckle, corners of his mouth turned up.
     "I understand that our last meeting-as 'Mikey' and 'Y/N'- wasn't really...I mean it wasn't on good terms. I'm sorry that I hurt you, I really am, but you and I both know that we can't change that."
     The girl pursed her lips, frowning as her eyebrows furrowed. "Well, that was-"
     She was cut off. "We can't change it, but we can forget it. Forget that it ever happened. Go back to being 'Y/N and Mikey', not 'Y/N and Micheal'... If you're comfortable with that."
      A smile slowly covered the girl's face as a, "Definitely!" Spilled out of her lips.
      The two were beaming at each other awkwardly. Keyword: were. Mikey's smile seemed to melt into a frown as he thought about the past 24 hours. Seeing the change in her friend's facial expression, she sat up straighter. "Something's wrong." She noted.
"Last night's events. Who were those men? Why were they chasing after you? I knew the whole 'college friends' thing was fake, just a cover story. I followed you when you all left to the forest. When you stupidly fell asleep. When they chased you, shot at you. What do they want?" He questioned.
Y/N thought about lying to her friend, but knew better of it. "We have a problem." She inhaled before continuing, "Slenderman is back and out to get us."