Chapter 10

The boys stuck to Y/N like glue. Toby flat out refused to move his off of her shoulders, obviously planning something. She tried to stay calm, but that was easier said than done, and the constant feeling of her bag hitting her thigh didn't help either. The only thing she could do was go with the flow and let them guide her. There was no way she was going to make a scene. That would only gain unwanted attention.
     It wasn't long before the pavement turned into dirt and the buildings turned into trees. With no one bystanders, Toby's grip became tighter as the other boys surrounded her, hiding her from any stray jogger's view.
After about half an hour, the five made it to a small enclosure surrounded by trees. By then, Toby's grip had moved to her tricep, leaving imprints on her arm, and Masky's hand joined his on her other one. The light was particularly dim in this area, with the tree and it seemed completely secluded. Walking towards the middle of it, Y/N saw movement in the bushes.
It wasn't too long before a tall, lanky man walked out of them. He had his eyes squinted, glaring her down. She knew she had seen him before, but wasn't sure where. As the proxies (and Jack) held her in place, the man sauntered over to them. As he stood in front of her with a relaxed stature, she took him in.
     His chocolate brown hair and golden, caramel skin tone made him look like the most delicious candy bar around. He couldn't be any older than 25, and his skinny face only showed firm innocence. He was very handsome to say the least, but Y/N wouldn't mind destroying that if it came down to it.
     As he stopped in front of her, he studied her, his eyes traveling her up and down. Shifting from foot to foot, he glanced at the other boys. "So," he hesitated, "this is her?" His strong accent made her shiver.
"You better believe it. She might not look like much, but she packs a punch."
     Rolling her eyes, Y/N muttered out, "I'm right here ya dinguses. I'm not deaf ya know!"
     Taking her cheek, the boy in front of her started to speak. "I'm sorry ma'am. I should introduce myself. I'm Joao, and you might be?"
     Lashing her hand out angrily, she flicked his hand away from her face. "Shouldn't you know? It surely sounds like you know of me."
      Joao chuckled as he shook his head. Aiming his comment at the boys, he lightheartedly sighed, "Feisty, isn't she?" He turned towards her. "My apologies, Princesa. I was never told it. Do you mind?"
"It's Y/N. Her name is Y/N." Hoodie muttered out.
Joao flashed her a charming smile. "Ah...what a beautiful name for such a beautiful woman." Y/N rolled her eyes. "Well, you must know who I am. I can see that twinkle of recognition twirling in those dazzling eyes." He continued.
Squinting at him, she slightly shook her head, "I'm sorry to say that I don't know who you are, or why you're here, señor, but from this gentleman-like vibe your giving off, I feel that the confusion isn't mutual."
     Once again, he chuckled. "I didn't think you'd forget my face that easily...but then again, you probably save people all the time."
     Furrowing her eyebrows, Y/N glanced at the proxies. "Am I supposed to remember you?"
     "Well, I guess it was pretty dark when we met..."
     "...I don't understand..."
     Joao smirked, "In the alley, I mean."
     The girl's eyebrow rose. "You mean you were Constanza's attacker...?" It wasn't long before Y/N started to giggle at the 'ridiculous' notation that this guy could actually hurt someone.
Everyone looked at her in surprise as she doubled over, hand over mouth. It took her a while to calm down, but afterwords, she gasped out, "With those noodle arms? What were you gonna do, wrap them around her neck and decapitate her?"
Joao seemed flustered at this point, "W-What?"
Standing straight with a few stray tears, she shook her head. "It's just...well, how do I put this nicely?" She quickly checked him out, "You have the face of a pretty boy, and the body of an octopus. Do those things you call arms ever randomly flop everywhere?" Toby and LJ snickered.
Blushing a bright red, Joao glared at Y/N. With the boys restraining her, he easily wrapped his fist in her h/l hair and forcefully brought his face closer to hers. She didn't show even a fraction of a sign that she was in pain. Instead, the same goofy grin stayed on her face. "Look, you're going to listen to me, or we're gonna have some problems", he growled.
      "And why should I listen to you?"
     As soon as those words left her mouth, a fist hit her stomach, making sure it dug deep into her lungs with an uppercut. Gasping, she fell to her knees as the boys let go of her, one hand held her stomach while the other one supported her. Looking up at the smirking boy who punched her, "Do you really think a single hit will make me back down, Joao? I'm not some weak damsel in distress."
     His smirk grew as he cocked an eyebrow. "Is that so? Then..." he quickly brought his knee towards his face.
     Y/N didn't flinch when his knee came a centimeter away from her face and there it stayed. With a confused look on his face, he looked down to see his leg being restrained by a root. "What the-"
     He didn't get a chance to continue as the root pulled him down. Quickly pulling the knife of his pocket, he cut the root as scrambled back up quickly. Looking at the kneeling girl, Joao eyed her suspiciously with a look of fear and curiosity in his eyes. Y/N looked back at him with a calm face. "Is something wrong? You just fell out of nowhere."
He screwed up his face, "Y-You did that, d-didn't you?"
     Slowly standing up, she gracefully ambled his way as he stood his ground. "Why would you ever think that?" The feigned innocence on her face seemed so real that Joao felt compelled to believe her.
"Stay back!"
"Why are you so scared of me?"
He took a gun out of his pocket and shakily aimed it at Y/N. "Don't take another step, " his voice wavered, "or I'll shoot!"
Teasingly, the girl took another step. As he pulled the trigger, a branch whipped in front of her, stopping it in its intended path.
Wide eyed and shaky, Joao continued to fire round after round as Y/N easily managed to deflect them all with her branch.
It wasn't long before only clicks were emitting from the gun. Walking towards him while he was frozen in place, Y/N softly laid a hand on his cheek, making him flinch. Leaning in, she spoke into his ear. "I told you I'm not a damsel in distress."
Those words seemed to break the spell. Whipping around, the man tried to run away, only to be tripped by a root wrapping itself around his ankle. Yelping, he was reeled back in, before coming to a stop before Y/N's feet . The root began wrapping around his whole body. "P-please, don't k-kill me." He whimpered pitifully.
A light, airy chuckle escaped her lips, "Why would I ever do a thing like that? I'm not some kind of monster! Here, I'll do you a favor~"
Kneeling down in front of him, she grew a plant with a single berry on it. "If you eat this, you'll forget what even happened. Of course, if you don't eat it, then we're gonna have some problems." She grinned.
Letting the plant unwrap his arm, she gave him the freedom to grab the fruit. But, before doing so, he hesitantly asked, "How do I know this isn't just gonna kill me?"
"So what if it does? You would die either way. This is a win-win situation for me, and, well, you have nothing to lose!"
He reached for the berry warily, as if it were going to bite him any second. Once he grabbed it, he tossed it into his mouth, chewing it slowly and swallowing it. After a second or two, he slumped against the ground, unconscious.
     "So...how'd you like the show, boys?"
She turned around to find that she and the boy were the only ones around.
     "Boys?"
      Huffing in despair, she walked over to a tree and laid under it with her hands behind her head. "I didn't think I was that bad..."