Chapter 12

200 years ago~

      The plan was for the two to follow the small group. Everyone was nervous, especially Y/N. She didn't sign up for this. She didn't ask for any of this. She thought they could all be friends. That's what her parents had said, that anyone and everyone had the potential to be friends.
     But here she was with the people she loved, about to watch them die. They all knew it was gonna happen. They were doing this for the sake of the future creepypasta. Here they were in the meeting room, waiting for everyone to get prepared. It would be a miracle if anyone out of the mission group came back alive. At least they were prepared, unlike any other group. They were prepared to fight Slenderman if he were to show up out of nowhere.

------------------------------------------------------

4 years later

The familiar sound of clashing foliage filled their ears. It stung their faces and limbs, making red lines appear in place of the leaves. They had been running for years, too scared to hunker down. After witnessing the horrid events years ago, the slaughter of their friends...no, their family, they were forced into hiding, laying low.
Even though Mikey could've teleported to another dimension, it would've been too risky. He'd be completely drained of his powers, leaving the both of them vulnerable, and the power source would be easy for Slendy to track. For the safety of the only non-corrupt survivors, the only ones who could defeat the faceless beast, they had to stay alive.
     So as they were now running, the human and the sorcerer, they tried to put as much space between themselves and newly recruited creepypasta chasing them.
     It was almost a routine for them, at this point, Y/N waking up to an ambush whenever she tried to rest. It became hard for her to keep up with him, and it wasn't long before she only got a an hour or two of sleep here and there.
     At the moment, Y/N was riding on the older male's back, trying to catch some much needed z's. It was kinda hard, though, seeing as her body jolted with every step the boy took, and-let's not forget-the never ending crashing that basically overflowed in her ears. Miraculously, she dozed off every once in a while, but wasn't able to stay asleep for more than a few minutes.
But, of course, when she was finally asleep, it didn't last long enough. Crashing to the ground, Mikey had tripped, sending the girl over his shoulder and onto her back with a loud thump. Groaning, she rolled over, trying to come to her senses.
     The two were surrounded almost instantly, their captors brandishing their weapons. Scrambling to her aid, Y/N staggered to her feet, with help, and eyed the threatening beings. They were most definitely cornered. With no way out.
One of them, the supposed leader of the group, stepped forward with a comforting, friendly crooked smile. Stepping in front of his friend, Mikey pushed the girl behind him as an act of protectiveness. "What do you want, Gabe? This doesn't concern you," he glanced at each of them, "In fact, it doesn't concern any of you."
Taking a step forward, Gabe nodded at Y/N, acknowledging her presence. She glared back at him. Trying to keep her eyes open, she looked at the group encircling them, studying their every move. Their tense figures zeroed in on Mikey, not seeing her as a threat. They were basically looking right through her.
     Going back-to-back with him, she whipped a puny, measly switchblade out of her pocket holding it in a defensive stance. She swore she heard a snicker. Eyeing everyone, she tried to keep her adrenaline pumping and her sleepiness at bay.
     Even though they only needed her friend, she was just as useful to them. With her, they'd be able to use her as bait, someone Mikey wouldn't hesitate to rescue. In the end, they'd be able to gain the ultimate prize. They'd both would need to escape this predicament.
     "I'm gonna try to create a distraction. Run as fast and as far as you can. I'll keep them at bay as long as I can. Maybe I ca-"
     She shook her head, "We both know that's not gonna work. We have to..."
      She watched as everyone's tense figure relaxed, no longer ready to fight. Backing off, they watched them, making sure their captives wouldn't run off.
To say that the friends were confused would be an understatement. Regrouping their weapons, they uncomfortably shifted in their spots, awkwardly waiting for something to happen.
They didn't have to wait long. Out of nowhere a tall, slim individual appeared out of thin air. Taking the two by surprise, two black tendril burst out of his back, wrapping around them and pulling them off the ground. Yelping, they struggled, trying to escape the clutches of the one and only Slenderman.
Just as he was about to teleport, a searing pain in his tendril stopped him...or what was left of it. Looking down in surprise, he saw the appendage laying at his feet in the dirt. Using his distraction to his advantage, Mikey followed his comrade's example, plunging his dagger into the beast's limb, successfully cutting it off too.
Scrambling away from the thing, the two stopped short, realizing their current predicament. There was literally no way out. And it definitely didn't help that the being was only getting angrier. They watched as his face split open, a mouth appearing, one full of sharp teeth and at black, long tongue and his tentacle grow back.
      Wildly slashing at them, the beast attacked, trying to land at least one blow on them. Dodging each one, they used their knives to deflect them.
     Slashing at one of the tendrils, Mikey cut it off before watching it regenerate. Continuing to fight it, he grew puzzled when the limb seemed to almost disappear. Hearing a full thud come from behind him, he turned around to Y/N with a tendril speared through her, her gasping on her last breath.
     Shocked, he watched as Slenderman shook her off, as if he were disgusted that she even touched him, and dissolve into the air, along with their previous pursuers.
      Tears streaming down his face, he rushed to her side, crouching down beside her and putting her in his arms. Watching as she reached up to him with a shacking hand, she pulled his face down before whispering in his ear, "stay safe...don't g-get caugh..." her words caught in her throat as her eyes closed, chest becoming still.
     Full out sobbing at this point, Mikey tried to think of something he could do. His eyes seemed permanently glued to her face, watching the trail of blood that came from her mouth. Bawling over her, he rocked back and forth. Mind muddled with grief, he subconsciously stood and backed away from the body as a thought zapped into his head. He knew it would be risky to do this, but he had to try to save her.
     "Flora Orientalis, qui circumdant me, et comportabis apud industria liceat mihi tua concinnabat, liceat mihi, ut ea restituat et in vita hac puella!"
      A glow gathered around the plants surrounding them as held his hands out towards his friend. Yellow particles lifted from  the plants, gathering in his hands. By the time they stopped, the surrounding area was full of rotting, brown exoskeletons of their past beauty. Guiding his hands to her, he plunged them into the hole holding them there as he continued to chant.
     "Flora Orientalis, qui circumdant me, et comportabis apud industria liceat mihi tua concinnabat, liceat mihi, ut ea restituat et in vita hac puella."
      A yellow glow encased them, filling the air. As it calmed down, he heard a loud, sputtering cough before him. Y/N looked at him with her big (e/c) eyes, giving him a small smile. Inspecting her, he looked down to find the wound gone. The only proof that she ever got hurt was a bloody hole in her shirt, giving a clear view of her (s/c) complexion. As he wiped his tears, stood up, hoisting her up afterwards. Tears in both of their eyes, they hugged each other tightly.
They both knew he wouldn't come after them for a while, and they were lucky for that. For now, they would stay hidden, in the shadows.

~1425 words~

Betcha you didn't see this one coming! I'm finishing the final chapter up soon, but so figured since I've made you guys wait so long, I should at least put out a new chapter ;) .