four

"Just one more box!" I yelled and pushed a box into a huge 18-wheeler truck

"Just one more box!" I yelled and pushed a box into a huge 18-wheeler truck. The box of cute children stuffed animals plopped into the metal ground, and once I knew it was secure, I shut the long door of the delivery truck, and sighed back in happiness, pushing some sweaty hair out of my face.

My team and I had unloaded assortments of clothes, house necessities, and of course, toys, into countless trucks off for delivery. They were all going to an orphanage to be distributed to children who needed those items but didn't have the money for it.

I was super happy to help, I loved giving, especially to needy people, I felt bad for them. Some people I knew took everything for granted, but I never did. Everything I owned was special, and never to be neglected. Food, shelter, warm clothing, luxuries I had and savored.

I high-fived my other team members, all of them giving me smiles in return. "Great job guys! That was some tough work, but it was worth it!" I hugged some of my friends and waved a farewell. "See everyone when the next shipment is here!" I skipped off and hopped on my bike. I rode a bike, so I didn't pollute the Earth. It may take longer, but it was all worth it in the long run.

As soon as I got home, however, my heart plummeted to the ground, and I let out a loud groan, throwing my hands through my hair and falling on the ground on my knees, the keys I used to unlock my small house jingling to the ground next to me.

In front of me, stood about a dozen boxes filled with clothing, once again, for homeless and orphaned children that I had stored in my house. I had meant to bring the boxes to the pickup site, but unfortunately, I forgot.

I grimaced, it was always annoying for me to forget something as important as this. I would have gone back with all dozen boxes, but I had work in an hour. I was a doctor, and as much as I yearned to bring the boxes back, I knew it was pointless, the pickup truck was long gone, and besides, my job was important to me.

Sighing, I got ready for my job, throwing on my lab coat, and grabbing a few things I needed for the job, and headed out the door.

Within 20 minutes, I was at the doctor office, with five minutes to spare. I greeted the front desk woman and continued to the back where my office was. I wasn't just any doctor, I specialized in hearts.

Even though the hospital I worked at was mainly for mental problems, there were oddities like me working there in case the brain wasn't the problem.

I could do a heart transplant, along with many other procedures. My co-workers always joked that whenever I received a donated heart and used it for a patient, that it was "my own way of giving." In ways, it was, they thought it was funny I was so generous. They just didn't understand the meaning of the actions behind my constant reminders of how generosity was such a good thing.

I ruffled my hair and began to file some papers on my desk that screamed at me to fix them up. Going into job mode, I began to file them, I was a very neat person. I silently hummed and began to drift off from reality while simultaneously doing my job.