ten

The girls froze and stared at where the voice came from like it was a ticking time bomb.

They heard other voices - Wrath wasn't the only one outside the door, all of them were there.

"Erm, we're doing girl things!" Generosity quickly said, and then rushed over to attempt to help a struggling Diligence, who was literally hanging on the window by her fingernails.

"Help me up through the window!" The poor girl screeched.

"Are you sure you're doing girl things? Girl things are usually a lot louder." Lust then let out a loud moan, slightly freaking out the girls.

"Lust, that's for later." One of the sins muttered, but it was unclear which one. "And ew."

The girls were nervous, nothing like this had ever happened before with them. Before all of them were assembled, they were forced to be locked in rooms all day just like Cinderella and were hardly ever allowed to leave. Talk about imprisonment!

There was a sudden loud bang as Diligence fell out of the window - it was awkward as the girls still on the floor tried to not seem suspicious. At least the strong virtue had made it out the window.

"What was that noise?!" Sloth's sleepy voice rang through the door. "That noise woke me up, I'm gonna kill them, that little ba-"

Sloth's mouth was quickly covered up by one of the sins next to him, who was afraid of Sloth if he had been set free of his freedom of speech.

"We're doing nothing, really!" Kindness screeched.

The boys looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Should we use... the things?" Gluttony muttered quietly.

The sins shook their heads.

"No, not yet hyung. We'll use them later."

Their quiet chatter was disturbed by a loud sin.

"Yeah, if you don't open up, we're all throwing you out the window!"

The girls awkwardly shuffled around and kicked their feet. Greed had ESP, maybe.

"Erm, I'm good Greed." Generosity said quietly, still awkward around him.

"You think Diligence is okay?" Abstinence said worriedly and quietly turned her attention toward the window that she had fallen out of.

"She's fine. I only heard a few cracks," Humility said, not realizing the few horrid looks she got from some of the more innocent, caring virtues.

Suddenly, a great rope was present in the room and was hanging out the window. Diligence must have thrown it over.

Abstinence quickly ran to the rope, grabbed onto it, and yanked, signaling someone had grabbed it. The virtue was suddenly thrown upward, as Diligence was using her strong muscles to lift Abstinence up and out the window. The virtue safely went out the window, with no issues, so only Kindness, Generosity, and Humility remained in the room where the powerful sins interrogated them through the door.

"Aye," Gluttony rang through the door, "does Abstinence still have my chips? I want them back, NOW!"

The triptych looked at each other worriedly. Abstinence had JUST made it outside!

"Erm, she ate them all! Sorry, sir!" Kindness's sweet voice said, and it carried out through the door. Sadly, the boys weren't happy.

"Did I ask, for your opinion, the girl that is not Abstinence?!" Gluttony shouted.

"My name is Gluttony, and the food is so important to me. I don't give a-"

There was a loud bang as Humility was carried up and out of the house, her shoes hitting the wall lightly, covering up Gluttony's potty words.

"- if you think it's funny to talk to me about food like that!"

"Gluttony, your gem is growing-"

"I AM A SIN! AND I WILL NOT HESITATE TO RIP YOUR THROAT OUT BECAUSE I HAVE THE MEANS TO! DON'T YOU UNDERESTIMATE US GIRLS, WE AREN'T AS DUMB AS YOU THINK."

"KILLING IS NOT AS EASY AS THE INNOCENT BELIEVE."

The silence could not have been more deafening for the girls that were still present in the room.

What had they gotten themselves into?

Luckily, the silence was quickly washed away by two events that happened simultaneously.

First, a loud bang of Humility, and a scared Kindness were hoisted into the air together by Diligence, and the two other girls on the other side of the house.

The other noise, however, was not as good-natured as the other.

Gluttony blew up the door locking the passage from where the sins were standing, and where the virtues were once standing.

Blew up the door.

It was a loud boom, much like a cannon, that surprised everyone, even the sin that caused it, and loved food so much.

The gem around Gluttony's neck was burning, both temperature and appearance. Light burst out of it profoundly, and it was hotter than Lust when he happened to not have any clothing around his sinful skin.

The sin itself was glowing as well. His fists were clenched, and his eyes hissed around the room, and soon locked onto the virtues that were trying to escape their idea of a prison.

The girls waved at them like it was the most casual to be lifted out of a high window. Greed stupidly waved back but was quickly nudged by Pride, who rolled his eyes at his brother.

Soon, all seven of them noticed the girls vanish out the window.

Now, the window was the only thing the sins could stare at.

There was an awkward cough, as Envy slowly looked up at a seething Gluttony.

"Gluttony?"

"... yes?"

"Perhaps we aren't as intelligent as we think we are."

"... yes."

There was a long pause.

"Should we go after them?"

"... yes."

"Right now?"

"... yes."

"Are you two just going to silently talk while the girls just escaped?" Wrath hissed, quickly jumping into the conversation.

"... yes."

Greed was already running away from the room where the girls were once kept, followed quickly in pursuit by a few of his other male comrades.

"Tally-ho, my friends! Let us steal some ladies!" He screeched, before opening the door to a bright sunlight.

He squinted in the light and then muttered something about the foul existence of a sun.

He turned back to his others and wickedly grinned.

"Then, the fun can begin."

"... yes."