thirteen

Like freakish doll heads, the girls' heads turned and faced the voice.

The tension was so unbelievably tight, it could boil an egg, or perhaps annihilate it. It was so abnormal to have so much tension in a backyard of someone's house, where sprinklers shimmied everywhere as usual, and birds tweeted. However, the birds were not tweeting in this backyard. Maybe they could feel the tension as much as the girls could if tension could even be tangible or feel-able.

But like always, the repeated motif decided to reveal itself once again, as it was, of course, a motif.

"WHAT DID I SAY, GIRLS?! GET OFF MY LAWN!!" The voice flew through the air as much as the sprinkler water did, and in great pursuit, the girls hurried off of the lawn, putting their tensional conversation on hold, casually leaving their high heels on the freshly-cut grass unbeknownst to the crabby old man creaking and cranking on his back porch like a squeaky door hinge, whining and moaning every time it was disturbed, telling the world of its presence. The boys quickly followed behind the girls, the evil prominent strewn across their handsome faces like a scar.

Humility practically hissed as the girls turned a corner and headed far away from the house and into the woods. Their dresses snagged against random branches as they ran, but for all Humility cared they could have been poisonous, what was important to her was who was joining her in her ultimate sacrifice - not if her dress was ripped permanently like some girls would have been, or Pride. Fortunately, Humility was not Pride, she was quite the opposite.

"OKAY. WHO IS THE GIRL?!" She twitched as she surveyed the girls. "YOU'VE GOT 8.16 SECONDS TO SAY YOURSELF BEFORE I BOIL YOU ALIVE IN MY FURY."

"It was me!" Generosity shrieked. "I thought it was best for me to give myself up, I am generous after all-" Generosity's wobbly voice was quickly cut off by the scissors of Humility's gags and cries. "I REALLY DON'T HAVE TIME TO HEAR YOUR LIFE STORY HUN!"

Humility grabbed Generosity by the arm and thrust her forward. The other girls could only watch in fear of the horror they were witnessing, for they were watching a great sacrifice. However, they could not stay forever. The remaining girls ran off into the woods, safe from the harm that was coming for the martyrs.

Generosity was thrown to the ground like a rag doll, her head bowing in front of the seven sins, her hair in tangles. Her face was wet with tears, not because she was sad because she was terrified. The sins parted like the Red Sea for the ultimate stealer and greedy man in the world, since he was in the back of the pack of demons.

Slowly, he paced toward her, letting a chuckle escape his lips. Once he was a foot away from her, he slowly went on his knees to Generosity's height and leered. His face slithered close to her like the snake he was, and ever so slightly, the magnanimous girl decided to breathe. His hand was swiftly out as he chose to make his mark on her. His fingers tenderly lifted her face up to see his, but the smug look was still present. Greed was not going to be pleasant like his fingers were.

"I got you my girl, and this time, I'm not letting you out of my sight." His throaty voice laughed, scaring the now imprisoned girl he had. Then like a genie, they both simply poofed away into thin air. The other six sins snickered at Humility, eager to see the fear in her, they didn't care that their virtue was running faster than a cheetah away from them. To Humility, maybe staying wasn't such a great idea. She was a leader in the other virtues' eyes, would they be able to survive?

"MY TURN." Pride stalked over to Humility, and grabbed her by the collar of her dress - or at least what was left of it. His hot breath was heavy on her, and unlike Greed, he had no immaturity for taunting. Humility cringed at Pride, but there was no emotion shown on his face if he had any. Pride flipped his hair and began his vociferate.