eight

As soon as Pride saw the door close, he turned his eyes toward Lust with a sickening glare. His entire body moved toward the man that was sitting in a relaxed position, and only slightly raised his eyebrows when the elder faced him.

"Do you know," Pride started, his voice starting out soft, but got louder with each passing word, "how much trouble you have caused us?!" Pride's last word was shouted, causing the other five sins in the room to jump back slightly, they were surprised Pride shouted. Pride never shouted. The only time he ever shouted, was when someone was stealing some of his food, or talking behind his back, especially if they were bad things, which Pride instantly proved were all wrong once he found out, and he always did.

Lust was slightly surprised, but remained calm, and raised his eyebrows slightly, but more as a smirking gesture, not as a surprising move. "What can I say?" Lust started to speak, his voice dripping with romance and wanting. "Trouble is my middle name."

Pride rolled his eyes and glared at Lust, who smugly grinned back at him. "I don't have time for your shenanigans, what you did was absolutely immature and disrespectful to your opposite - then again..." Pride flicked his hair, his lip curled into a smile, a thing Pride did when he was Prideful, "that's exactly what you are."

The others gasped at Pride's burn, and chuckled slightly, while Lust remained his composure, but a slight tint of pink appeared on his cheeks, and he smiled more out of embarrassment, his ego taking a hit.

"You got no maturity, Lust."

More chuckles filled the room, and some stared at the person who spoke - Wrath - who was smugly grinning at a flustered Lust. It wasn't often Lust was caught out of his cool, calm, and flirty composure.

Pride slammed his foot on the ground, getting everyone's attention away from Lust, and back to him.

"Are you all honestly so facetious?!" Pride's insides were bubbling, with the annoyance of the other, and to him, lesser, sins. Pride was always annoyed at how he always had to be the one in charge to get anything done. "It's not like the rest of you were as perfect as I was for the plan."

"Why do you have to use such big words? Fah-see-shuss? No one understands what you're saying, and honestly, I really don't care." Sloth sat back in his chair after saying his snarky remark and shut his eyes.

Pride's temper was doing okay, but after Sloth, it snapped.

"Would you all just listen?! If you had done your jobs correctly, we wouldn't have to talk! I don't like any of you either, but we need to work this out! If it wasn't for your carelessness, we would be DONE!"

Pride swiveled over to Sloth.

"You sir, keep your attitude in check. At least you actually got your girl, however."

Sloth snored back in reply, but Pride was already onto his next victim.

"You. Greed. You have your opposite, but really, did you have to rob a freaking house?! You set up a whole investigation, and probably ruined the girl's life!"

"Well geez, I'm not named Greed for nothing-"

"AND DON'T THINK YOU'RE OUT OF THIS WRATH!!" Pride was screaming, now turned to Wrath, his face super red, and his long fingers pointed directly at the destructive man.

"YOU'RE ALMOST AS BAD AS LUST!!"

Wrath simply shrugged.

Pride turned his attention to Lust and scoffed. "You know what you did." He spoke quietly, and in a low voice, with protruding eyes.