Hanged

Characters:
Kai
Nya
Lloyd
Sensei Wu
Zane
Cole
Jay

(After season 4)
------------------------------------------------------

They all was about to eat breakfast today in the late morning. Zane served the plates before sitting down himself.

"Hey, where's Cole? He never miss breakfast without a good reason", Jay joked a little. "Oh well, more food for me!"

"Jay!", they scolded and he snickered. Sensei Wu then whacked him with his bamboo staff to make him quiet.

"But where is he?" Zane then asked. All of them shrugged.

"I will go look for him", Kai said and stood up from his chair.

"I will go with you", Nya said and followed him to look for Cole. He wasn't in the boys room nor the other rooms so they walked outside on the deck, calling for him. It was cloudy outside with slight wind, but some sunshine shined trought to show some light.

"Cole? Cole!? COLE!!!", Kai shouted but got no answer.
Then he saw a rope tied to the railing at one end and the other was hanging down from the bounty tightly like it was an anchor on the other side, but a funky smell made him frown in disgust.

'Why would the anchor be attached to the railing, and why does it smell so...disgusting?', Kai thought.

"Are you okay?", Nya asked when she saw her brothers face expression before she too noticed the rope and the awful smell. "Ew, what is that?"

They bent over the railing and was about to drag up the rope but saw something horrifying that almost caused them to vomit. It was a corpse. "Holy sh*t!"

Time skip 2 hours

Kai and Nya had informed the others about this and they immediately called the police and landed the ship outside New Ninjago City. They've gotten more information about the corpse too.

It was Cole's pale body that apparently got hanged just around yesterday. His neck was blueish thanks to the noose and a big crack on the bones showing that the fall made a great impact and was probably the cause of his death. Also his back was very sore, like somebody kicked him out from the bounty (get it? No? Whatever xp).

Everyone was shocked at this newfound information. There were some who wanted to give the doctors a shot, but Kai knew better than that, Cole had no way been able survive because his superstrength wouldn't help so much, so instead for being forced to stay at the hospital, waiting for the obvious bad news, he decided to look closer on the case.

He went back to the bounty with an apple in his hand because he didn't eat any breakfast and he thought maybe he could help. He walked up to the rope and looked closer despite the warning signs. He recognized the rope but couldn't really recall it from his memory.

"It's probably nothing", he mumbled to himself, but he still couldn't understand why somebody would do this. When he was about to leave empty handed he saw Zane scanning the rope in front of him.

"Why are you here?", Kai asked him and took a bite from his apple. "I thought you were with the others"

"Cole's chances of surviving was very small and is dropping, it was no idea to stay there", he answered. "But why are you here?"

"It's better to help catch the killer instead of doing nothing, I'm sure it was somebody else doing it", Kai said determined and Zane nodded without looking at him.

"I am sorry but I can not help you", Zane sighted after he scanned the rope. "There is no fingerprints on it whatsoever"

"That means that he weared gloves", Kai thought to himself. "It's okay, just don't tell the others about my little investigation, I would like to keep it a secret until it's time"

"Affirmative"

Time skip 2 hours

The bad news had been released but they already knew deep inside that it wouldn't work anyway, but still it was heartbreaking to know that one of them was dead. They all returned to the bounty and mourned over their loss in more ways than one.

The bounty wouldn't be flying anywhere either for now because they wanted to be closer to the city when more news come without to actually land there.
Kai went out for a while ago to calm his mind before he went back to the bounty to see how everyone else were doing.

"You're back", a young malevoice said when Kai jumped of his elemental dragon and it vanished into thin air. It was Lloyd who had changed to some more normal clothes, but his eyes were different, they were dull.

"Yeah, I just went for some fresh air", Kai shrugged and approached the green ninja. Then he noticed that nobody else were on the deck. "Where's the others?"

"Inside", Lloyd replied before he summoned an elemental dragon of his own and climbed up on its back. "I've to go, bye!"

He seemed a little sad, which wasn't so surprising because of everything that had happened. Kai blinked in shock before he went inside. When he did he heard the water running, which meant that the bathroom was busy at the moment. He was about to check if his sister was alright but overheard a conversation from sensei's room.

"I do not think this is any kind of suicide, it can't be"

"I agree, something does not compute"

"But who could do something so awful?"

"I do not know, bu-"

He stopped to eavesdropp when the water sound stopped, revealing a sobbing sound from Nya's room so Kai decided to follow the sound. He carefully opened the door to see the blackhaired girl in a sitting position in her bed with her hands covering her eyes, sobbing softly.

"Shh, it's going to be okay", Kai said softly when he walked up to her and patted her back carefully while sitting beside her in her bed.

"Why would someone do this?", she whispered, whiping her tears of.

"I don't know sis, but I think we ca-", he reasured her and gave her a gentle hug from the side before a soft knock from behind the door interrupted him. Kai turned around to see Jay, also in normal clothes and his hair was wet, which meant that it was probably he who was in the bathroom.

"Did you took my money!?", Jay asked a little irritated.

"No, why? You're poor anyway", Kai said and rolled his eyes.

"Kai!", Nya scolded at him, her voice a little hoarse from her crying.

"Mkay, mkay I was kidding okay?", Kai said, raising his hands while he stood up before he turned serious. "You can ask the offender, I think he has the answer"

Nya's eyes widened and stared at her brother in shock and so did Jay.

"You know who did it!?", Jay screeched. Kai just nodded before Jay started to talk again. "Who!?"

"It was-"

Who was the murderer?
Why do you think so?
How hard was it (1-10)?
____________________________________

Kai: hi guys! I hope that you enjoyed this one and that it's harder than the other ones author made!

Cole: also this one was Sakura-chan-love 's request so here you go!

Author: they may show less emotion but actually I'm trying to be more realistic and show more details because you really doesn't have to be all jazzy and I've.. I...um... nothing... Anyways-

Everyone: BYE AND HAPPY SEARCHING DETECTIVES!!!