one splash of water

Before season 6

Characters:
Zane
Kai
Jay
Lloyd
Nya
Cole
Darreth
Misako
Sensei Wu
______________________________________

Whispers.

Weak, hoarse, whispers.

Nya wasn't sure where they came from, but they were there, echoing trough the enormous apartment.

Yes, they lived in an apartment now, they needed a place in New Ninjago City that was NOT the Bounty, now when they were famous. (A.k.a. I wanted a new location XD)

She knew that the whispers did not come from her head. No, they stopped when she covered her ears.

"Hello?", she called out and dropped the bags of groceries on the floor so she could take off her coat.

The whispers stopped. Someone got up to their feet and made their way to her. In the other end of the hall was Lloyd.

"Oh, hey. I didn't know anyone was here", he said and scratched his head.

"I just got here", Nya said as she hung up her coat. "Where are the others?"

"Missions, interviews, I don't know", Lloyd shrugged. "I wouldn't be surprised if someone was inside too"

He turned around and went back to where he came from, calling out, "there's coffee in the kitchen if you want some!"

Time skip 2 days

"Kai, stop"

"With what?"

"With that", Cole gestured to Kai's index finger that kept tapping the wooden armrest.

"Why is everything I do irritating you!?", Kai snapped, but he stopped the tapping at least.

"Guys. Please", Nya yawned, her eyes slightly opened and her mind half asleep. "I got a really bad sleep last night"

"Why?", Zane asked her.

"I don't know!", she whined and shifted in her seat. "I'm so tired I could fall asleep on this chair"

All of them were behind the scene of a talk show while Darreth, sensei Wu and Misako were interviewed at the moment.

Jay rubbed his temple and took a deep breath. Then he let it out, maybe the second time this minute. He mumbled something under his breath.

"I know", Lloyd breathed out and leaned back, closing his eyes as he faced the ceiling.

Nya wanted to know what the two talked about, yet she was too tired to care. Soon they would meet the crowd and answer multiple questions, probably some questions Nya had answered on before, and some that she didn't want to answer to.

"Thank you for your time!", she heard the host say and the interviewed three came back.

They didn't look too happy, not even Darreth who set this up in the first place. Yet Darreth put up a smile as he spoke. "Alright, guys! You're up!"

Time skip 3 days

"I think this is fun!", Kai protested. "I don't get why you don't enjoy being famous"

"Well, I think it's draining!", Nya retorted.

"But this is where the majority of our earnings comes from", Zane said matter-of-factly. "And we need it fo-"

"I liked it back in the day!", Cole interrupted. "When we didn't need the luxuries and stuff!"

"But what're we supposed to do?!", Jay spoke up. "We need the money for equipment, not to mention the inventions and vehicles!"