tortured in the worst way 2

(Just cuz I'm nice :D)

Time skip next day 10 am

"But it's true! I swear!", Jay pleaded to himself as he walked away from the police station.

"We can't do anything if you don't give us proper evidence, sir", he then said in a deep voice mimicking the police officer. "Rubbish"

"Brother, are you okay?", Zane asked concerned for his brother's well being. Jay didn't even tell him what they was supposed to do here.

"Except that our brother and my love who dumped me for some reason a couple of years ago died yesterday and that the stupid officer doesn't want to listen to me then yeah, I'm completely, utTERLY FINE!", Jay exclaimed sarcastically which took Zane by surprise as his eyes widened and he almost jumped.

"I'm sorry for asking you such a question, I-"

"No Zane, I should be the one apologizing. It's just- *sigh*, sorry man, I shouldn't take out my anger at you. Heh, I'm starting to act just like Kai", he joked, but Zane didn't really seem to understand. He sighed. "Let's just get something sweet to eat. Look, an ice cream truck!"

Time skip 4 hours

Jay and Zane went to Stiix since Ronin was obviously involved in this one way or another. Jay have also told him about what they were supposed to do here so he wouldn't be so confused. They landed their dragons not so far from the pawn shop but far enough to not break anything. As the elemental dragons vanished they entered the pawn shop.

"Okay, let's do this discreet so he won't suspect anything", Jay whispered and Zane nodded. As that was said they saw Ronin talking to someone trough his cellphone.

"-ine okay? Yeah I-, no I won't", Ronin assured before he saw the white and blue ninja at the door. "Let's talk later. Bye". He ended the call.

"Hello guys, what're you doing here?", Ronin asked and walked up to them.

"Browsing", Zane half-lied.

"Y-yeah", Jay said. They splitted up and began to look around to see if there were anything worth examination.

"Really? Of all people I didn't expect you guys browsing for stuff in my store", Ronin said slightly unconvinced. "Or well, you did it once but that doesn't matter"

Jay noticed that Ronin still haven't changed. Some scrolls, jewelry and even weapons was on the shelves. But the item that catches Jay's attention the most was a shiny diamond that was almost as large as his hand!

"Hey, where did you get this from?", Jay asked as he picked the diamond up.

"That's a gift", Ronin stated taking the diamond from his hands.

"And you're planning on selling it?", Jay said unconvinced that someone would just give him a diamond.

"What else would I do with it, throw it in the ocean?"

Time skip 5 hours

After they returned to the bounty Zane explained to the others about why they came home so late at the living room. Jay, who stayed behind, saw a message on their home phone from just a couple of minutes ago and played it, curious about what it could be about.

"Hi, it's Darreth here, please listen to this message. Jay, I'm so sorry for triggering that horrible memory of Kai and Nya, but the thing is that wasn't why I called you. You probably silenced your phone or something because you didn't answer me when I tried to explain. For one or two days ago I heard two people in master Chen's noodle shop talk about a broken relationship and killing. I know it seems really weird but I hope you believe me because the police told me that I was crazy"

"So that's why the police didn't belive me either..."

"Anyways at first I didn't recognize them but then..." suddenly Darreth's voice got quiet and footsteps could be heard. He started to whisper. "Oh, no. They're here. Please save me, I-"

The message stopped recording and Jay was frozen for a couple seconds, trying to process everything Darreth said before exclaiming in shock and terror.

"HOLY SH¡T!"
____________________________________
Author: nice twist huh?

Jay: also the author decided to give me a companion so I wouldn't be so lonely, heh

Zane: we gave out Ronin being a part of it because most of you readers found it pretty obvious

Nya: and we hope this chapter helps you to find the second murderer

Kai: or else we'll just tell you, anyway-

Everyone: BYE AND HAPPY SEARCHING DETECTIVES!